Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    6,239 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Badge icons displayed for Twitter but should be banner notifications

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I hate to rain on your parade and nothing ever will happen either. Twitter 5.1 was just released yesterday and when I went into iTunes to the app (Not the update) to see what was new you will not believe how many complaints there are and not to mention the article Rene Richie has on his own experience on the front page of iMore.

I believe I will keep what I have now which works perfect until I hear better results from the new 5.1 app.
    Jag,
    Tks for the info.
    I have no issues other than the lack of Badges, with the curent version or the previous version.
    Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Mavericks 10.9.2
    Former Storm2 & Palm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Badge icons displayed for Twitter but should be banner notifications

Same exact way here too.

- - - Updated - - -

Massie by the way out of curiosity if I have my Twitter App closed and shut down but signed in though what are the badges for? I got one today and when I opend it I could not tell what it was for and I have my app setup exactly like yours.
    When you open the app, there is a small light under the relevant icon at the bottom (Connect, Me, etc). And if you have View in Lockscreen on, you can see previews there.

Global Posts
    14,613 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    When you open the app, there is a small light under the relevant icon at the bottom (Connect, Me, etc). And if you have View in Lockscreen on, you can see previews there.
    Thank you for the explanation as always and BTW did you get my PM here? Check it out ok?
    ~JAG~
    Ambassador @ iMore

​In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thank you for the explanation as always and BTW did you get my PM here? Check it out ok?
    Got it. To find me on Twitter, just click the icon over there:
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

One more idea for you guys: has anyone checked their settings within the Twitter app itself:

iMore Guru

Global Posts
    6,239 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Tks Massie,
    I've check every possible setting that I'm aware of.
    Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    6,239 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Below is the reply I received from Twitter Tech Support. It the same canned reply they sent me before:

"Thank you for writing to us. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are investigating what may have caused it. Iíve added your account details as an example for them to reference.

Once weíve identified and fixed the problem, your account will be affected automatically, so there's no need for you to check back.

While we are closing this ticket, we havenít forgotten about your issue and hope to have a fix out as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience."

Maybe someday they'll get it fix for those of us that have this issue.

Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    6,239 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Massie View Post
    If that's the setup, you should be getting badges--but they only last until you open the app. So if you're already in the Twitter app when you get a banner notification (or if you are tap a Twitter banner notification from somewhere else to open Twitter) you won't get a badge for that notification, because you're dealing with it right then: the badge is only for notifications that have come in while the app is closed.

In fact, that's exactly my setup, and my Twitter icon does stay badged until I open the app.
    Well I think I figured this out Massie,
    I thought I should have a badge displayed each time someone I followed posted a Tweet.
    But now I know that the badge only displays if someone is replying to my Tweet or initiated a Tweet directed to me.
    Tks for your time and willingness to help.

Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad 2 Wi-Fi
    Cigar Lover
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12