Can you disable Flyover in IOS maps?

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Taking the fact that I have a very slow Internet connection, it takes forever to load these massive 3-D pictures from flyover. So if anyone knows how to disable flyover in iOS 6 maps please tell me !

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by disable, flyover is just an option. Tap the lower right corner of a map and choose Standard for a "regular" map. (Also make sure 3D isn't enabled on the map screen.)

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean by disable, flyover is just an option. Tap the lower right corner of a map and choose Standard for a "regular" map. (Also make sure 3D isn't enabled on the nap screen.)

Hope that helps!

When I search Something in a town that is flyover enabled it renders all the 3-D images in a 2-D mode so that it can have all the 3-D pictures loaded when I want to go into flyover. But I don't really use it so it takes hours to download all these pictures without me opening them ever.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the 3d button turned Off, and the map choice set to Standard? When I search it just loads a map, no images.

For instance this is what I get if I search for Empire State Building:

8Ec6D.jpg

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I want to see satellite images, not 3D rendered flyover footage that takes for ever to download and is useless !

I see what you want now...I don't think that is an option, but you if you don't need the voiceover nav, maps.google.com in Safari will give you the usual Google view. To add the satellite imagery, tap the circle with the down arrow, then Layers, and choose Satellite. Add a home screen icon and it's sort of like old times.

Hope that helps!

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have done that, but thanks !
The point is I want to help apple to improve apple maps, because if I do not support them now I will never have a very good stock maps application on my iPhone !

IoannisTs

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I see what you want now...I don't think that is an option, but you if you don't need the voiceover nav, maps.google.com in Safari will give you the usual Google view. To add the satellite imagery, tap the circle with the down arrow, then Layers, and choose Satellite. Add a home screen icon and it's sort of like old times.

Hope that helps!

I have done that, but thanks !<br />
The point is I want to help apple to improve apple maps, because if I do not support them now I will never have a very good stock maps application on my iPhone !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox