- iPhone Newbie
- 10 Posts
Force quit: News to me, to iOS 6, to everyone?
I just discovered the part of the iPhone manual that describes force-quitting an app: hold the standby button until the slider is displayed, then hold the home button until the app quits.
I wasn't aware of this, were you? Until now, I just rebooted the phone...
Is this a new thing to iOS 6?
- 10-09-2012, 04:07 AM #2
- 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM #4
- 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM #5
Re: Force quit: News to me, to iOS 6, to everyone?
Force-quitting was around before 3rd-party multitasking. We're not talking about force-quitting background apps from the switcher. Stock apps from Apple could always multitask, and would often go bad.
See this article by Rene from 2009.
Last edited by johndhynes; 10-09-2012 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Added link
- 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM #6
- By hpcomputergeek in forum iOS 5Replies: 7Last Post: 07-07-2011, 05:47 AM
- By Jellotime91 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 13Last Post: 06-15-2009, 05:08 AM
- By iLoveiPhones in forum iPhone 4Replies: 10Last Post: 07-14-2008, 02:52 PM
- By hermdog in forum iPhone 4Replies: 0Last Post: 07-07-2008, 10:00 PM
- By emceechad in forum Carrier Discussion LoungeReplies: 13Last Post: 06-27-2008, 12:30 PM