iOS 6 wifi signal strength

Tiki Torch

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I recently got an iPhone 5. The wifi signal doesn't seem to be as strong as it was on my old HTC Evo 4G. The wifi just drops fairly often. At first I thought it was the hardware, but then I noticed that since I upgraded to iOS 6 on my iPad, the signal strength is not what it used to be. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any way to fix this problem?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Reset network settings?

Can you confirm there are no other device having issues with the WiFi router?

Jackb115

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same issue with both iPad 3 (mine and my wife's) after upgrading to iOS 6 the wifi signal got week and can only connect if I am in the same room where the router is. My HP laptop picks up the signal in any room of the house. Additionally, when watching videos on you tube it takes for ever to load. It's is not the case with the laptop. This was never a issue before the update. Is Apple working on this issue? It seems that you can search the web for solution by users of the devices but no ward from official apple site. I am disappointed for the lack of support.

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue also and it's not just my Wi-Fi it's the cellular connections are weaker than my iPhone 4 was. This is happening on my iPad 2 and on my iPhone 5. I took it to the Apple store and they were able to determine that there were problems and they reset the phone, I'm still having the same problems as I was before we factory reset it. I'm very disappointed and somewhat embarrassed that my connectivity is so much worse than other people that are right beside me I get two bars when they've got five and that's on cellular or on Wi-Fi. It has to be an iOS 6 problem otherwise I wouldn't be experiencing the same problem with my iPad 2. I hope Apple has recognized this problem and is working on a solution.