iOS6 constantly asking for iTunes password???

chris_328

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: It's still happening. The exact message is "Apple ID Password", not iTunes like I said before. Then it shows my email address and then the box to type in my password. I've tried typing the password but sometimes it comes right back and asks me again.

I've gotten this same message several times on both my iPhone and iPad since signing out of the iTunes and App Store in the system menu and rebooting both devices. It's driving me nuts! LoL

I think you turned on the "immediately" button on the Require password for purchases section on the restrictions screen in settings???

bitethe6u11et

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys... this works :) worked for me atleast :p
Okay, so I got rid of iCloud and I started receiving "Apple ID" sign in problem. Open an application and it ask for my Apple ID and Password and I fill up and nothing happens. Just like you guys have been facing.

Here's the SOLUTION:
***Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID: xxxxxx@xxx.com > View Apple ID (enter your password) >iTunes in the Cloud (just get rid of it)
Now you are all good to go. Have FUN

***EDIT***
Guys so I guess I was a little wrong about getting rid of iCloud or maybe iCloud does matter but never mind.
Even after getting rid of iCloud if you are still facing the same problem do the following:
*connect your iPod/iPhone/iPad to you PC/Mac and open iTunes
*Under the DEVICES header select you device
*navigate to Apps
*scroll below on the same page and *UNCHECK* automatically sync new apps
*delete the apps that were giving the APPLE ID sign in error(well that's what I did and later installed it after a restart of my phone)
*restart your phone(reinstall back the apps)

***NOTE***
I use iCloud only for Find My Phone

Last edited:

James Broden

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problems with my 4s. I also can no longer receive push notifications (alerts). I am also having problems with my gmail app. What is going on?

N Smith

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
It was happening to me and i finally read the message - it wants an UPPERCASE letter and a number in your password and you need to update that if yours does not! That is why!

Epitome

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm novice to all this, but it seems to me that Apple is protecting everything even more than the US DOD. Said that to a support rep the other day, more like 'you'd think I had some major military secret embedded in my John Tesh albums and he thought that was funny. Of course I am certain he had no clue who John Tesh even is!

janisgidman

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My ipone 5 is three days old and doing the same thing with apple id etc popping up everywere and dosnt recognise my password either ive even added a new account and it dosnt recognise that either also my itunes on my pc os not recognising my phone even tho i have regesterd it with the pc!! Help!!

Tilz Logger Inerer

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Guys I don't know if any of this will help, but there are a few theories I can debunk.
1. It's not regional, I'm in Australia and mine just started doing this same thing at random. No idea why.
2. It's not necessarily an old account, I've only ever used one, so it can't be looking for an old one.
3. It's not the password thing, because mine definitely has both upper and lower case and at least a number.
* I thought for a short while that maybe I was getting my password wrong, but it appears this was not the case (see below).
* resetting my device didn't seem to make a difference, nor did logging out of then back into iCloud.

So, I too went clicking things at random to try and sort out the issue and seem to have (at least for now) come up with a solution. This is what worked for me:
Settings -> iTunes and App Stores -> click your Apple ID at the top -> click view Apple ID and enter password (at this point if it logs in, you know your pw is right). Then I clicked on something down the bottom like "remove this device from iCloud" or something similar.

I don't know how this is different from the settings within iCloud but I know they are. Previously when I changed ANY setting in iCloud, it asked me for my pw. After making this change, it went back to its usual behaviour, and any time I turned an option off it asked me if I wanted to keep the data on the iPad, which it definitely wasn't doing before.

As far as I can tell I've corrected my issue.
However I must say, it is Apple, so who knows. I've found in the past that different people on different devices can seem to have the same issue, caused by very different problems.

hippiekyle

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
This was happening to mine and I fixed it by following one of the replies in this thread. I tried all the log out/ log in reboot crap and it never worked. I finally looked at icloud in my settings and my password wasn't saved there. So I typed in my password and haven't had the problem since. I would try icloud first, but I guess it's possible that one of the other things that uses your apple id (itunes, appstore, etc) could have the same problem.

Don't log out and back in, go into settings and find the app that doesn't have your password saved. Type in your password.

Bojosno

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
This problem starting happening to me after an in app purchase yesterday. I tried everything to resolve it & then I thought, why not try doing what started it all to begin with. So, I made another in app purchase in the same app that I did yesterday & it hasn't happened since the second purchase. Normally I would be ticked off that I "had" to make a 2nd purchase but I chose the cheapest option & it was a purchase I would have made in the future anyway.

janisgidman

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
It just popped up again on my iPhone halfway through writing a text message. Logged out and rebooted my phone per your suggestion. It even popped up in the middle of trying to log back in to iTunes via the settings menu. Again, this happens on both my iPhone AND iPad.

All the a obove is happen to me ever simce i had the phone and restored from icloud ive looked on american sites and thers are all doing it so i dont know y apple say they hav never herd of it!!!!! Its driving me crazy and is getting worse not letting me open apps now wich it disnt do before!!! Ive tried all the above and its not helping at all :(( please help before i thro the bloody phone out the window!!!!! :)

Renee Carroll

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same problem with my iPhone5 and my old 3s that my son uses. It started not long after the big update. It is annoying....I hope their will be a "fix" soon.

lilyandlemon

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
hello i honestly do not do this but i have been having this same problem and ive never met anyone experiencing it too.
it's frustrating not being able to actually use my itunes or get apps, not a thing without it asking me over and over for my password.
and everytime ii type it in press sign in the same popup will appear and ask me the same question all over again and this goes on forever. ive been completely locked out for no reason and all i have is a few hundred songs, i've reset my password i've signed out and signed back in, didn't work. ive signed in on the internet apple account but it won't recognize me on my tablet or iphone and this is happening to both my ipad and iphone. helpppppp mee! this is ridiculous! what am i paying for.. iphones honestly just don't last i have an iphone four s and it's always just been weird. glitchiing. deleting call history. etc.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you are signed in to iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime. I got the pop up a while back and it turned out I had not signed in to FaceTime after I changed my Apple ID email address.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5. ☮

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711