Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: iOS6 constantly asking for iTunes password???

Yeah, I'm novice to all this, but it seems to me that Apple is protecting everything even more than the US DOD. Said that to a support rep the other day, more like 'you'd think I had some major military secret embedded in my John Tesh albums and he thought that was funny. Of course I am certain he had no clue who John Tesh even is!
    iPhone Nanite

My ipone 5 is three days old and doing the same thing with apple id etc popping up everywere and dosnt recognise my password either ive even added a new account and it dosnt recognise that either also my itunes on my pc os not recognising my phone even tho i have regesterd it with the pc!! Help!!
    iPhone Nanite

i have experienced this with imessages and other applications. whae i put in the password it asks me again and again
    iPhone Nanite

try to reboot and and reset itunes following i found this helpful

iPhone Nanite

Guys I don't know if any of this will help, but there are a few theories I can debunk.
    1. It's not regional, I'm in Australia and mine just started doing this same thing at random. No idea why.
    2. It's not necessarily an old account, I've only ever used one, so it can't be looking for an old one.
    3. It's not the password thing, because mine definitely has both upper and lower case and at least a number.
    * I thought for a short while that maybe I was getting my password wrong, but it appears this was not the case (see below).
    * resetting my device didn't seem to make a difference, nor did logging out of then back into iCloud.

So, I too went clicking things at random to try and sort out the issue and seem to have (at least for now) come up with a solution. This is what worked for me:
    Settings -> iTunes and App Stores -> click your Apple ID at the top -> click view Apple ID and enter password (at this point if it logs in, you know your pw is right). Then I clicked on something down the bottom like "remove this device from iCloud" or something similar.

I don't know how this is different from the settings within iCloud but I know they are. Previously when I changed ANY setting in iCloud, it asked me for my pw. After making this change, it went back to its usual behaviour, and any time I turned an option off it asked me if I wanted to keep the data on the iPad, which it definitely wasn't doing before.

As far as I can tell I've corrected my issue.
    However I must say, it is Apple, so who knows. I've found in the past that different people on different devices can seem to have the same issue, caused by very different problems.
    iPhone Nanite

This was happening to mine and I fixed it by following one of the replies in this thread. I tried all the log out/ log in reboot crap and it never worked. I finally looked at icloud in my settings and my password wasn't saved there. So I typed in my password and haven't had the problem since. I would try icloud first, but I guess it's possible that one of the other things that uses your apple id (itunes, appstore, etc) could have the same problem.

Don't log out and back in, go into settings and find the app that doesn't have your password saved. Type in your password.
    iPhone Nanite

This problem starting happening to me after an in app purchase yesterday. I tried everything to resolve it & then I thought, why not try doing what started it all to begin with. So, I made another in app purchase in the same app that I did yesterday & it hasn't happened since the second purchase. Normally I would be ticked off that I "had" to make a 2nd purchase but I chose the cheapest option & it was a purchase I would have made in the future anyway.
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Default iOS6 constantly asking for iTunes password???

It's happening to me now too
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    408 Global Posts

How about Resetting the Settings. it helped mine restore back to normal
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by BradM73 View Post
    It just popped up again on my iPhone halfway through writing a text message. Logged out and rebooted my phone per your suggestion. It even popped up in the middle of trying to log back in to iTunes via the settings menu. Again, this happens on both my iPhone AND iPad.
    All the a obove is happen to me ever simce i had the phone and restored from icloud ive looked on american sites and thers are all doing it so i dont know y apple say they hav never herd of it!!!!! Its driving me crazy and is getting worse not letting me open apps now wich it disnt do before!!! Ive tried all the above and its not helping at all ( please help before i thro the bloody phone out the window!!!!!
    iPhone Nanite

I have been having the same problem with my iPhone5 and my old 3s that my son uses. It started not long after the big update. It is annoying....I hope their will be a "fix" soon.
    iPhone Nanite

Fantastic! Thanks mate it worked for me!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12