Calendar events not showing in notification center

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue. Since wiping my phone and installing iOS 6, upcoming calendar items are not showing up in notification center automatically.

At first the problem would fix itself if I opened the calendar app, then reopened notification center. After I did that, calendar events scheduled within the next 24 hours would show up. Unfortunately, today it's not working. I have an event on my calendar at 1pm tomorrow, and it will not show up in notification center.

I only have calendars on my iPhone 4, and it is synced to iCloud; that's it. I've tried a hard reset to try to fix the bug with no luck.

This problem only started happening after I installed iOS 6. Any suggestions?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Try going to Settings>> Notifications>> Calendar and turn it off in notification center... then reboot the phone... then go back and turn it back on again.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Settings>> Notifications>> Calendar and turn it off in notification center... then reboot the phone... then go back and turn it back on again.

Thanks, my appointments for the next 24 hours are all showing in notification center now. Hopefully that fixed it.

If the problem occurs again in the future I'll update the thread.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
Didn't you used to see multiple days in advance, up to as many as the items you select to[ show. I cannot view any further than 24 hours out on iOS six. Below is a screenshot of my calendar and my notifications.
ATTACH]20293[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone 5 baby.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349265845.607803.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349265845.607803.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 176

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you used to see multiple days in advance, up to as many as the items you select to[ show. I cannot view any further than 24 hours out on iOS six. Below is a screenshot of my calendar and my notifications.
ATTACH]20293[/ATTACH]
Sent from my iPhone 5 baby.

No. The Notification Center has been mited to only showing upcoming events within the next 24 hours from the start.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm updating this thread because I have an appointment on my calendar scheduled for 6:00pm tomorrow and it refuses to appear in notification center. Opening the Calendar app didn't help.

Any more suggestions, other than turning off the calendar in notification settings and rebooting my iPhone 4 every day?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm updating this thread because I have an appointment on my calendar scheduled for 6:00pm tomorrow and it refuses to appear in notification center. Opening the Calendar app didn't help.

Any more suggestions, other than turning off the calendar in notification settings and rebooting my iPhone 4 every day?

Rebooting *appears* to be the only fix at this point.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully Apple sees that this is an issue. I'm guessing that no diagnostic error report is created and sent since nothing is crashing, but who knows.

MacRulez4Ever

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Look up this one , no jailbreaking needed. Maby it helps, i cant test it ,
App only for US AppStore ;(

"Lock screen" from i4software !!!

Best Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Once the device has been rebooted, you shouldn't have any more issues viewing calendar events (within a 24 hr time period) in the notification center.

Just Me, D

Jay5w

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting only solves the problem for that time period. Once you reboot, the notification center will show your events for the next 24 hours, but it will not add your events going forward that are more than 24 hours away. In short, the notification center just doesn't work the way it should.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting only solves the problem for that time period. Once you reboot, the notification center will show your events for the next 24 hours, but it will not add your events going forward that are more than 24 hours away. In short, the notification center just doesn't work the way it should.

True, but Fausty82 has already explained that it is not designed to show information beyond 24 hours. Also, is it really an inconvenience to select the calendar app and see your upcoming events? I ask that respectfully, of course.

Just Me, D

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
The notification was for quick view plus it keeps the weeks events fresh in the head. The most apps you can select up to 10 items to view. I think apple should bring that back in calendar view as well.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
True, but Fausty82 has already explained that it is not designed to show information beyond 24 hours. Also, is it really an inconvenience to select the calendar app and see your upcoming events? I ask that respectfully, of course.

Just Me, D

We aren't looking for the notification center to show events beyond 24 hours from now. What happens is that if I have an event scheduled for 3pm tomorrow, at 3pm today that event should appear; it doesn't.

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My 5 PM appointment for tomorrow just showed up my notification center, so mine is working just fine.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jujulicious

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi i recently got the iPhone 5 and my notification center stopped showing my calendar events as well. Did you ever figure out how to fix this? I have an appointment with the apple store in a few days so hopefully they can help out

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods