Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default App Store updates screen

I have a question that I have not been able to find an answer anywhere. My App screen has the icons on the bottom o the screen arranged differently from all of my other iOS devices. The Updates icon is usually the last one, but on my iPhone 4S it is in the middle. How do I rearrange these?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails App Store updates screen-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1349193997.550739.jpg  

Global Posts
    20,039 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I was able to re-create the bug. All I did was this: while in the App Store in the purchased section, press and hold the update button for a moment. You may or may not see 2 greyed put arrows. One point left and the other pointing right. Tap on the space where you want the update option to be. Change to another application like iMessage and then change back to the App Store. The update *should* be moved to where you wanted it. NOTE: I was able to do this twice, but now it is not letting me do it anymore.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Default Re: App Store updates screen

This did not work for me. I got no response from the phone while holding down on

Global Posts
    20,039 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra_46 View Post
    This did not work for me. I got no response from the phone while holding down on
    It's ticking me off because I was able to do it twice but now it won't cooperate. I was in the middle of chatting via iMessage with my wife at the time so I wonder if that had an effect on it. I mean, After reading your post, I immediately went to the App Store, selected the update option and noticed that my update was where it normally is - at the right end of the screen. I then pushed & held the update option and slid my finger to the center of the row of options and saw 2 greyed out arrows. At the same time, I received an iMessage from my wife. I switched over to respond & then switched back to the App Store. I then tapped the screen where I wanted the update to be (center) and it appeared in the center just like on your screenshot. I did the same thing to put it back to its original location and it worked. Could it be some sort of fluke or coincidence? I suppose so. I wish I had taken some screenshots to prove that I did it but it's too late now. Anyway, I have to take my son to football practice soon and while I wait for him to finish, I'll try to get it to work again.
    Thanked by:
    Cobra46 (10-10-2012)
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

Still looking for a solution to this if anyone else can help out.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I looked at my updates screen today and it is back to normal. No idea of how this happened. Still no ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails App Store updates screen-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1350392397.364848.jpg  
    iPhone Nanite

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    iPhone Nanite

What the...? It just fixed itself - the menu tabs have been rearranged ever since iOS 6 was released, and now it's all better. That's weird.