Keeps reverting to main screen in middle of apps

miketcook

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? It's really frustrating - only since upgrading to IOS6. In Maps, email, messages, phone, you name it - I'll be in the middle of something and bang! it goes back to main screen - of course losing everything I've typed.Powering off unit seems to help for awhile, but returns. It's a 32GB 4S, so wouldn't think it's a memory issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me when I'm using the iMore app and it is the reason for a double post of mine a few minutes ago. I was modifying the original post when all of a sudden, I was back to my home screen.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem? It's really frustrating - only since upgrading to IOS6. In Maps, email, messages, phone, you name it - I'll be in the middle of something and bang! it goes back to main screen - of course losing everything I've typed.Powering off unit seems to help for awhile, but returns. It's a 32GB 4S, so wouldn't think it's a memory issue?

As I understand it, when you get thrown back to the home screen from an app, that app has crashed. Could be for various reasons, maybe just not compatible with IOS 6. I had that a lot when we went from IOS4 to 5. It can be low memory if you are using a very memory intensive app, and have a lot of apps open. That is one reason a reboot helps.