iOS 6 and vehicle bluetooth

rsn911

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I have 4s with iOS 6. Prior to updating to iOS 6, I had no problems using it with my vehicle's bluetooth. Now, when I say call "x", it seems to always mess up and tries to call the wrong contact. It has even said "calling Y" when contact "Y" is not even my contact list. Is this a bug in iOS 6 or is there a setting that I can change to get it back working correctly? I even deleted the phone from the vehicle and then re-paired the phone and vehicle, without any improvement. Thanks!!

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I have some weird Bluetooth problems also. Another thing that is screwed up is when NOT listening to Bluetooth Audio, Siri will cut off turn by turn navigation commands. If there is something playing via Bluetooth Audio then it works correctly.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I've not any issues so far with call and using Siri for directions.

Good Luck

Let me correct myself- no issues with BT headset and Siri directions.

However on my car's BT system the Siri directions are not playing through the car's system. Coming through the device speaker.

Good Luck

Last edited:

vwfemme

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
@ rsn911- I too am having a problem with my iphone 4s. just upgraded to IOS 6, it doesnt seem to want to connect with my '10 vw wolfsburg's RCD-510 bluetooth. When i get in the car, under setup, the option for "Activate bluetooth audio" is selected. I turn the car on, turn on bluetooth on my iphone but the iphone never connects with the VW.

Any suggestions? Is anyone else seeing this with the RCD-510 9w2 module?

rsn911

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
After much searching and coming up with nothing, I almost gave up hope. My radio display would show the number of the caller but not their name if they were in my contacts list. I tried to unpair the phone and car and start over from scratch. I tried making a call using the verbal command "call x". When the vehicle responded by saying "calling y", I recognized the name not from my phone's contact list but my facebook contacts. It then came to me that during the iOS6 install I had linked my facebook account. I went to settings and turned off the sync button on my facebook contacts. I then went back and paired the phone and vehicle again. Now things are back to normal. The names appear when making and receiving calls. The voice commands are working again as well. Just wanted to let anyone else having a similar problem, how I fixed my issue.

Lightingguy55

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Some of these issues may be with the car BlueTooth itself. Do a Google search for the particular car make/model and BlueTooth with iPhone issues.

My wife's new 4S with iOS6 would not automatically connect after having been paired then taken out of range. Apple support had not had issues and suggested calling Subaru. A Google search of Subaru BlueTooth with iPhone issues" had me change the pairing method to a voice activated pairing. which worked.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2