keyboard shortcuts stop working

briggl

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
My keyboard shortcuts stop working after IOS 6 upgrade. If I reboot the iPhone 4, they start working, but later they stop working again. Anybody else have this problem?

Anybody have a solution?

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. Have tried 5-6 different "fixes" I found in the net. Nothing's working! I used a lot of shortcuts. Very annoying!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i had the same prob... but it comes and goes. i also have a prob with the sound going on/off.. hopefully will be fixed in 6.1.

i find end tasking the app and re opening it fixes it for me.

Vapor86

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
BUMP (was going to make a new thread)

How can this not be solved address?! I am having the same problem. I did a search and found a solution to erase all of them and recreate them. I did this, and it was working fine, but now it longer works (although sometimes it will start working again). Has there been a lasting solution to this issue?

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have this problem on my 4S or my iPad,both 6.0.1, but I do on my 5. I don't believe it was always this way either. I've only noticed it for the last couple days (I've had the phone for a few weeks now).

lenmac08

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
same with me. Have deleted my old ones from my iphone 4 then added them as new to my iphone 5. They sometimes work but then they stop working randomly. Is this a known issue for many?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping this would be addressed in 6.0.2 because its really annoying needing to use my shortcuts and they dont work. I hope they address the issue in 6.1 and I noticed that when I upgraded to 6.0 that's when I started having issue.

dor.pnhs

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
My keyboard shortcuts stop working after IOS 6 upgrade. If I reboot the iPhone 4, they start working, but later they stop working again. Anybody else have this problem?

Anybody have a solution?

That's a known and annoying bug, this is happening because the sync with documents & data on iCloud.
Apparently iCloud tries to sync the shortcuts to the cloud and for some reason there's a conflict between the two features..

Just disable that option under Settings-iCloud-Documents & Data and the shortcuts will back to work.
Notice that it won't backup the shortcuts and APP's DATA that way so you won't see them on other iDevices and it won't come back immediately from a fresh restore, but it's the best solution right now.

Cheers.

Last edited:

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
That's a known and annoying bug, this is happening because the sync with documents & data on iCloud.
Apparently iCloud tries to sync the shortcuts to the cloud and for some reason there's a conflict between the two features..

Just disable that option under Settings-iCloud-Documents & Data and the shortcuts will back to work.
Notice that it won't backup the shortcuts and APP's DATA that way and you won't see them on other iDevices and it won't come back immediately from a fresh restore, but it's the best solution right now.

Cheers.

Cool, thanks for the info

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
sorry to dig up an ancient thread:p but yesterday while trying to use one of my shortcuts, I noticed it would not work. This is the very first time it has happened to me. When I was on iOS 6.0.1 I didn't have this problem. I updated to iOS 6.1 on release day and have had no issues just till last night. I did power cycle on/off and then they worked again. I figured a full hard reboot was a bit much to address this, that's why I chose to just power cycle first. I guess I'll just see how it goes & power cycle if necessary to get them working again being that fix works for me now, but idk how long till it stops again, IF that even happens. I'll cross my fingers and hope it was just a fluke this time !!

iOS 6.1, 4S (Verizon)

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue occur as well. Could very well be related to doing the 6.1 update. I did the reset and all is well now.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue occur as well. Could very well be related to doing the 6.1 update. I did the reset and all is well now.

Hi phessler, when you say you did "the reset" are you referring to reset all settings, and that has corrected the issue for you? Tia !!

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi phessler, when you say you did "the reset" are you referring to reset all settings, and that has corrected the issue for you? Tia !!

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

No, I was referring to holding the lock and power button until the Apple logo appears.

lu77

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had this problem since I got my iPad Air,
- I've never had documents and data synced,
- I've updated to ios 7.1
- I've restarted and hard reset.
- I've deleted and reinsert the short cuts.

I've also factory reset and reinstalled from backup. Nothing has any effect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73