Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: no sound on ios 6

im think i got solution for u guys.

try follow this method..at least
    DIRECTIONS FOR THIS FIX:

1) Jailbreak your iDevice. yes must JB. google is ur best friends. im know its illegal here..but at least im try to fix prob at same time ios enginner not do it.

2) Download and install 'ifunbox' (link below). It's available for both Mac and PC

hhttp://www.i-funbox.com/

3) Connect iPhone to your PC/Mac and run ifunbox

NOTE: if ifunbox won't work for you, download 'iFile' through Cydia and you can perform the following steps to this fix directly on the iPhone!

4) Within ifunbox(or iFile), on the left column navigate to System / Library / LaunchDaemons

5) Within the right column find 'com.apple.iapd.plist', right click then select delete. jsut used search windows to find this plist.

6) Close ifunbox and reboot the iPhone....YOU MUST REBOOT!

7) Enjoy sounds again on your iPhone!

NOTE: Deleting the 'com.apple.iapd.plist' may effect the functioning of hardware accessories that go with various apps, such as FM transmitters and Nike accessories, etc
    Thanked by:
    Henderson da Silva (02-20-2013), Saamrand MansourPoor (05-10-2013)
    iPhone Nanite

anyone confirm this as a fix ^^^^^ not really wanting to be the first to just start deleting stuff on my phone :|

also wondering, how many of these iphone 4's are JB? is this possibly the problem? is this happening with NON-JB devices? my wife and i have the same phone but i chose to JB mine and am now having the sound issue when recieving texts, missed call alerts, and possibly some other notification sounds. my phone just goes into safe-mode every time one of these sounds are supposed to be heard. however, i am able to hear the sounds while in safe-mode.

after reading some of these other posts, i believe i have done many of the same things you say to have killed yours. am cleaning my "dock" on the phone now. hopefully this will be fixed with a ios update, only time will tell that one

iphone 4 JB with sn0wbreeze running IOS 6.0.1 (tethered sux)
    iPhone Nanite

I have had this problem with my iPad 2, less than a year old. Sound on apps and video randomly disappears and comes back from time to time only for about 3 mins max. I have now been with out sound on my ipad since the end of November. Weird thing is I can still adjust the volume in the Settings and hear the loudness of ringtones (for example), so I know the speaker isn't broken. The volume slider just flat out disappears from the controls. VERY FRUSTRATING!
    I have tried absolutely everything I seem to be reading,but nothing seems to work.
    iMore Newbie

My wife has this same problem. She has an iphone 5 with ios 6.02. She doesn't own a dock. The only thing that fixes it is to close all apps and reboot. We tried doing the complete restore of the phone as new and it didn't help. The frustrating part is that she uses her iphone as an alarm clock and when this happens her alarm makes no sound.

Just started having this issue w/ Alarm using stock OS sounds as well...
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iPhone Nanite

Thanks!!! It worked!!
    You make my day happy
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts

Default no sound on ios 6

I just started having this issue tonight. Really frustrating. Not sure what to do.
    =^..^=

iPhone Nanite

I just did this. It works! Here is my story. I bought my phone used. The phone would function normally except for sound. The only sound it would make through the speaker was the ringtone. The volume keys worked in that they would change the volume but the indicator bar showing percentage of volume did not show.
    I used evasi0n-Win-1.0 to do the jailbreak. It was painless.
    I then used iEXPLORER to find and delete the file.
    Restarted the phone and when I did the slide unlock it made sound! All alert sounds are restored! I am a happy person.

I have spent hours and hours trying to solve this and tried about 8 different 'hardware' things like blowing out the earphone jack and such. Just wanted to relay a success story. Thanks for the forum.

Global Posts
    4,714 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default no sound on ios 6

Quote Originally Posted by Janey_G View Post
    I just started having this issue tonight. Really frustrating. Not sure what to do.
    Do you use the dnd feature ? This happen to me I noticed it the morning after I took my phone off charger I turned dnd off put I still had no sound .. A reboot fixed if holding home and power till it restarts .. I haven't used dnd since and it never happened again

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !
    iPhone Nanite

No Ringtone and my photos are distorted, after installing latest software update !
    iPhone Nanite

Perfect!

Thank You for your tip!
    iPhone Nanite

This fixed my ipad 2. I was able to hear the click when sliding to unlock device but no other sound was audible unless using earbuds. When I pressed the volume buttons the sound effects icon would appear but change the sound level. I was reluctant to try this, since I'm not experienced in editing software or jail breaking apple products. Very easy process. Thank you for helping me restore the audio on my ipad 2. My kids, wife and I thank you!!
    iPhone Nanite

!!!!!!!!!!SOLUTION FOUND!!!!!!!!!!

Call somebody, put it on speaker phone, open the iPod app and play a song (you'll hear it playing through the speaker, even though you're on a call), end the call - problem solved.

!!!!!!!!!!SOLUTION FOUND!!!!!!!!!!
    iPhone Nanite

I did the new upgrade today and I lost all sound. No ringing, tones, music etc. I can't even use the speakerphone. Verizon is sending me a new phone because they couldnt fix the issue.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Hamizal Fadli View Post
    im think i got solution for u guys.

try follow this method..at least
    DIRECTIONS FOR THIS FIX:

1) Jailbreak your iDevice. yes must JB. google is ur best friends. im know its illegal here..but at least im try to fix prob at same time ios enginner not do it.

2) Download and install 'ifunbox' (link below). It's available for both Mac and PC

hhttp://www.i-funbox.com/

3) Connect iPhone to your PC/Mac and run ifunbox

NOTE: if ifunbox won't work for you, download 'iFile' through Cydia and you can perform the following steps to this fix directly on the iPhone!

4) Within ifunbox(or iFile), on the left column navigate to System / Library / LaunchDaemons

5) Within the right column find 'com.apple.iapd.plist', right click then select delete. jsut used search windows to find this plist.

6) Close ifunbox and reboot the iPhone....YOU MUST REBOOT!

7) Enjoy sounds again on your iPhone!

NOTE: Deleting the 'com.apple.iapd.plist' may effect the functioning of hardware accessories that go with various apps, such as FM transmitters and Nike accessories, etc

hi and tanks dear Hamizal Fadli ...
    But my Iphone is 4s ios 6.1.3 and I can not Jailbreak .... What should I do?

Global Posts
    17,213 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Saamrand MansourPoor View Post
    hi and tanks dear Hamizal Fadli ...
    But my Iphone is 4s ios 6.1.3 and I can not Jailbreak .... What should I do?
    If you're having sound issues and are not quite certain the problem isn't hardware related then I recommend you backup your iPhone either via iCloud or iTunes. Backing up to iTunes is preferred in this regard because I'm also going to recommend that you use iTunes to "restore" your iPhone. Make sure the computer you will be using is connected to the internet. After the restore is complete, set up your device as "new". Test out the sounds by going to Settings-Sounds and selecting the ringtones & text alerts to see if you can hear them. If you can, great, if you cannot, I would assume the problem could be hardware related and ask that you take your iPhone to a nearby Apple Store to have it fixed or exchanged.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Pazos View Post
    Thanks!!! It worked!!
    You make my day happy
    What did you do to fix yours? I'm having the same problem with my 4S.
    iPhone Nanite

No sound in my IPad 1. It's volume increases and decreases on its own. I took it to the Apple I Pad shop at park street they sent us to the workshop at Ho Chi Mien Sarani. They suggested that I should pay Rs 15, 000 and exchange for a new one.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

I use my cable to charge and "dock" it every night next to my bed. I also use a cable to charge the phone during navigation in the car. (iPhone 5). I have this issue intermittently. I can regain the sounds by just doing a soft reset on my phone. Holding down button on top till it shuts down, then waiting a minute or two, and then restarting it. Works every time with my phone, hope it does with yours.
    iMore Nanite

My iPod 5 volume won't work!?!? And I've tried ALL the settings to try to fix it! No keyboard sound or anything, but when I put head phones in, then it's makes a sound..., so I know for sure it is the speakers. I have tried my hardest for about 1 hour to try to fix it, and nothing has worked., so how do I fix it?

Global Posts
    17,213 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie Thompson View Post
    My iPod 5 volume won't work!?!? And I've tried ALL the settings to try to fix it! No keyboard sound or anything, but when I put head phones in, then it's makes a sound..., so I know for sure it is the speakers. I have tried my hardest for about 1 hour to try to fix it, and nothing has worked., so how do I fix it?
    Do you hear any kind if notifications? SMS/iMessages, email, reminders, etc? I'm asking because the title states a "volume" issue but then you say that you know it's the "speakers".
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Lexie Thompson View Post
    sometimes it happens when u pull out your earphones, the phone thinks that you are still plugged on but actually you have removed the earphones. or it may be because you have accidentally hit the mute button.
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (08-27-2013)
    JustMe'D likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12