Passbook

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've read conflicting information. Is it safe to use passsource.com to make a blockbuster card and a best buy rewards zone card?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I myself have not used PassBook yet fully. I am excited to see what it brings down the table with other stores, etc coming on board to use it. But I can't answer what you stated as I have not read anything like that.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wait. I'm sure a lot of companies will provide an official app or passbook solution. Just my 2 cents

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I used the app KeyRing before passbook. You had to manually input your cards, but once you did they worked fine. Passource I imagine is the same way. I've added my Kroger card and Starbucks card. The Starbucks card worked fine, can't wait for the app to add pass support this weekend so it will pop up automatically.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have to say so far passbook is a big disappointment. It's one thing if apps like Starbucks aren't updated yet but how are you not able to scan your store cards like you can do in key ring. I don't want to go through a back door site to do this. I want it to work the way they advertised it would.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I used the app KeyRing before passbook. You had to manually input your cards, but once you did they worked fine. Passource I imagine is the same way. I've added my Kroger card and Starbucks card. The Starbucks card worked fine, can't wait for the app to add pass support this weekend so it will pop up automatically.

I use the Keyring app, too and placing card information is almost effortless. I was hoping the Passbook app would be somewhat similar in regard to inputting data.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I use the Keyring app, too and placing card information is almost effortless. I was hoping the Passbook app would be somewhat similar in regard to inputting data.

I completely agree, that's what I was expecting. I didn't think that I would have to go to a website to create them.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how the store loyalty cards would even work. If the app is not set up to manually add or scan how would you get the info in there.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure how the store loyalty cards would even work. If the app is not set up to manually add or scan how would you get the info in there.

I'm not quite sure, but thus far, at least in my opinion, it appears harder than it needs to be.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
On this note I would add that card munch app is worth a try. I have been using it and do not need to carry all those membership cards which is awesome.

No, I'm not affiliated with "Card Munch"

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
On this note I would add that card munch app is worth a try. I have been using it and do not need to carry all those membership cards which is awesome.

No, I'm not affiliated with "Card Munch"

Card Munch is for business cards, not loyalty cards. Apples and oranges.

For those of you still stressing over this....you should not go to a 3rd party website to enter information. This won't give you properly working passes anyway. Just wait until the store of your choice offers Passbook integration. Starbucks is supposed to be available tomorrow.

As stores are ready for Passbook integration, they will offer either a link from their current app, or from their website (like Sephora) so that all you have to do is click to tie into Passbook. You can then get rid of the separate app if you so desire.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the third party websites- what I am curious about is how they will handle loyalty cards from supermarkets etc that may not have an iPhone app. Not sure why they couldn't set up a scan system for those.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...(snipped)...what I am curious about is how they will handle loyalty cards from supermarkets etc that may not have an iPhone app. Not sure why they couldn't set up a scan system for those.

Exactly! Having a scan system of some sort seems to be a no-brainer, in my opinion, and unless they incorporate one or the stores that already accept the scanned images that I have in my Keyring app, Passbook will remain my second choice behind Keyring.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Passbook is a little beyond the loyalty cards you use at the supermarket. But if the supermarkets want, they can certainly offer Passbook support. If every local news station in the country has their own app, certainly chain stores can offer Passbook integration.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Sadly it's not beyond anything right now. It's not functional for the majority. Believe it or not maps works better.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Loaded a few apps to integrate with it last night. Seems to work flawlessly. now here is hope that more jump in on it.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well the plus side of Passbook is that unlike KeyRing and the individual apps, it is supposed to automatically pop up your loyalty card when you arrive to that location.

Until it's more widely used, I've turned off Location Services for Passbook to save a little bit of battery life.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Just my 2 cents what I understand is that a store has to have the equipment to scan the qr codes. It would be silly for a company to offer passbook integration if the technology in the store was unable to read it. Maybe in the future they will use 2d barcodes but right now it seems QR code exclusive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711