Two different email accounts, but I only want one of them to use notifications, is this possible?

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a work email and a personal gmail account. Both are setup through iOS6's mail app using exchange so gmail can get push notifications. My question is, is it possible to disable notifications for my work email and just get notifications for my gmail account or will I have to download another mail app so I can have my work and gmail accounts seperate?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no separate notification for different email accounts configured via the native mail app. I *think* if you download Google's Gmail app to use for one of your email accounts it may provide its own notification, but I'm not certain. I know it does on Android devices, but I've never used it with my iPhone.

UPDATE: See laelipoo's post below.

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
On ios6 go to settings-) notification and click on mail. Each account should be listed separately. Just set it up as you like (none, banners or alert) and the sound you like if any.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
On ios6 go to settings-) notification and click on mail. Each account should be listed separately. Just set it up as you like (none, banners or alert) and the sound you like if any.

I stand corrected and thank you for teaching me something new today...:D

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

Thank you! Don't know how I missed that.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It happens to the best of us, D, and you're both very welcome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro