Facebook and Twitter in Notification Center

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my iPhone 4 to iOS 6 and don't see the ability to tweet or update Facebook statuses from Notification Center. I am signed into both through Settings. Is this only for the 4S and above? :confused:

Edit: I found it...apparently I have to have the "Share Widget" in Notification Center. In case anyone else is scratching their heads.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
with the Share Widget feature i now feel like Apple should allow the NC to be active while in LS mode even more

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
There's a setting somewhere to have "tap to tweet" and "tap to post" show in Notification Center but I can't seem to find it now. :(

stoneland

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
There's a setting somewhere to have "tap to tweet" and "tap to post" show in Notification Center but I can't seem to find it now. :(

kilcher, I was able to get it in NC by signing into both Twitter and Facebook through Settings, and then having "Share Widget" in the Notification Center (dragging it up under Notifications, like the Weather or Stocks widget).

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
So it's only text... you can add image to tweet or post to FB? Or Am i missing something. Nice feature anyways

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ya, was thinking the same thing... Since the widget was more of a quick access to post something vs full on posting something in detail.

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I think you might have to pick the picture in the photos app and share it from there for it to work like that.

Yep, that's right, you have to go into your camera roll and choose the image, then there's a popup option to share, use as wallpaper, etc.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73