How to delete un-installed apps from the app list, in App Store?

Dx3me

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I found a bug that wasn't there in iOS 5.1
In 5 you could delete the un-installed apps from the app list (located in the app store), by simply going to the 'open' button, and swipe it to the side...
This would turn the 'open' into a 'delete' button.

Now in iOS 6 this methos doesn't work anymore?

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of these un-installed apps within the app store menu?
Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
On iTunes on a computer you can "hide" them... if using iTunes "in the cloud"...

In iTunes - on the right side, under Quick Links - select "Purchased" - then Apps near the top... you have the option of "not on this computer" - the apps there should be the ones you've deleted... you have an option to download, or - hover over, and an x with a circle around it shows up in the upper left corner of the icon - clicking that will "hide" the app... to "unhide", you have to go to view your account in iTunes, and in the section for iTunes in the cloud - you can view hidden purchases and re-download. You can't delete anything...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I found a bug that wasn't there in iOS 5.1
In 5 you could delete the un-installed apps from the app list (located in the app store), by simply going to the 'open' button, and swipe it to the side...
This would turn the 'open' into a 'delete' button.

Now in iOS 6 this methos doesn't work anymore?

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of these un-installed apps within the app store menu?
Thanks!

Thus far, there doesn't appear to be an option to "hide" purchased apps from being displayed like before. I suppose the only way to do it is by logging into the App Store via a computer and doing it or via iTunes.

Smokeless Joe

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
On iTunes on a computer you can "hide" them... if using iTunes "in the cloud"...

In iTunes - on the right side, under Quick Links - select "Purchased" - then Apps near the top... you have the option of "not on this computer" - the apps there should be the ones you've deleted... you have an option to download, or - hover over, and an x with a circle around it shows up in the upper left corner of the icon - clicking that will "hide" the app... to "unhide", you have to go to view your account in iTunes, and in the section for iTunes in the cloud - you can view hidden purchases and re-download. You can't delete anything...

Thanks for the info kch50428 I am OCD about stuff like that. All better now.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice