Phone Extension dialing

StephenBB81

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with iOS6 on an iPhone4/4S had problems dialing extensions manually?

I've found 5 cases now where I dial an extension and I don't get directed to the right place, the first 2 I wrote off as I was given the wrong extension to dial in the email, but the 3rd one the voice prompt repeats back the extension you dialed while transferring, in this case the extension was 1415, 3 separate attempts and the reply back was 415 or 15, always not acknowledging the first digit pressed,

I had to then call the line from my BlackBerry 1st pressing the link in my email which brought me through and dialed the extension automatically, and the second dialing manually and dialing the extension manually both times worked flawlessly.

I proceeded to try a few more numbers that had previously worked on iOS5, and again I am having issues dialing the extension as if the phone doesn't send the first pulse/tone

anyone else duplicate this? ALL numbers being called are government places not sure what their back end infrastructure is.

iTechie

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Stephen,

I've found that the problem is worse when dialing a number with a pause or wait + extension from Contacts or a third-party app.

Too early to tell if this is a software or hardware problem. Keep an eye out for similar reports over the next couple of weeks.

Steve

Kalena72

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same exact issues as Stephen mentioned, using an iPhone 5. Never had an issue with dialing this Contact using my iPhone 4 with iOS5 installed.....never tried calling that Contact after upgrading the iP4 to iOS6. I bought the iPhone 5 and when I dialed that same Contact from my Favorites, the phone only dials one or two numbers after the soft pause instead of the 19 digits it's supposed to. Or it dials each number but there are like 2 or 3 second delays between every single digit!! I'm going to the Genius Bar tomorrow to have them figure this out....will post an update tomorrow night.

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my 4S. For a year, I have dialed in to my voicemail using a series of numbers stored in contacts with pauses in between. Will not work in OS6. What a PITA to now have to manually input all of these numbers every time.

Please post if anyone finds a fix for this.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Glad I'm not the only one, driving me crazy. Please post the solution once you find it, My VM at work keeps timing out and it is getting quite frustrating!

StephenBB81

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Turn off Wifi, apparently turning off wifi will increase your odds of a successful dial

I have managed to 3 successful dials out of 10 now with wifi off for dialing.

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried to delete the stored number and re-store it. Still no good. OS6 thinks it is a "dial assist" number, whatever that is, and can't finish the call with the "#"s and ","s I have in there.

Anyone have the link where I can let Apple know about this problem? (Siri previously wouldn't dial any numbers that started with *82 and they fixed that, so I am hopeful ...)

StephenBB81

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It should be 10 out of 10. That's still not right and it doesn't work for me.

I agree it should be 10 out of 10 for the apparent worlds best phone....

But I'll take the 3 if I can get them, since I want my iPhone # to appear on users call display, not my personal BlackBerry number .

jaharr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store last week and met with a Genius. He was stumped and excited to be stumped for a change. He took my info and said he will get back to me this week after researching it more.

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Anything on this yet? It is driving me crazy. Anyone hear anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Anything on this yet? It is driving me crazy. Anyone hear anything?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2