phone will not charge after ios 6 upgrade!

aesoc

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
HELP! phone (3GS) was working fine yesterday before i installed IOS 6, installed it and all of a sudden the computer does not recognise that the phone is connected to the computer and neither will iTunes, phone will not charge through any charger/docking station/computer connection/any connection as they are not recognizing the phone or the phone is not recognizing the others (dont know what way around)

has this happened anyone else? tried a system reset through the phone, rebooted, the typical turn it off and on, nothing is working and as it isnt connecting to the computer i cant even go through the computer to try and right it!

sooo frustrated and wish i hadnt bothered, does anyone else know can this be fixed or have i now a useless paperweight?!

charlene b

Last edited:

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This happen to me a few time on iOS 5.1.1 some times it wouldn't work I'd have to unplug it and plug it back in to the usb port, or reboot my computer. I don't think it's an iOS 6 problem.

benjy34

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Snap the same thing has happened to my ipad after the update, have tried a very old charger and this seems to be working! What have apple done, some how the update has made the charger for device obsolete grrrr!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice