Apple ID VERY messed up...

CierraPeck06

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
OK, so as soon as I updated to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4S, I began experiencing problems. I'll skip over the lesser significant ones, and straight to the big issue. My Apple ID was suddenly completely unusable. iMessage, FaceTime, the App Store, and iTunes were all denying me when I would attempt to sign in. They would prompt me for my password three times in a row, and then tell me that my password was incorrect or, in the case of the App Store, would just tell me that it cannot connect to it.

To cover all my bases, although I was certain my password was correct, I went to appleid.apple.com, and changed my password. I then returned to my iPhone's settings, and attempted to sign into iMessage and FaceTime with my NEW password, and it worked! Then I tried to sign into the "iTunes and App Store" area, and it denied my new password! THEN, when I tried to sign in with my OLD password (the one I had just reset and changed) it signed me in!

I am also having the same problems on my iPad 2. It won't let me sign into the App Store or my iMessage, and it's driving me nuts.

So, at this very moment, I am technically signed into my Apple ID on my iPhone, with two passwords, one of which I have deleted. That clearly does NOT seem right.

Another odd part about all of this is that I seem to have more problems when I'm connected to my Wi-Fi than when I'm just connected to 3G.

Does any of this sound at all familiar? Does anyone have any advice that they could give me? I plan to make a Genius Bar appointment at the closest Apple Store, but they don't have any available until Monday. Also, I spoke with a technician from AppleCare+, and he pushed all of my information up to their senior tech engineers, to see if they could forcibly change anything from their end, but I'm not supposed to hear from them until Tuesday night. The man that I spoke with said that while there have been a lot of people experiencing issues with iTunes and the App Store since updating to iOS 6, he hadn't seen or heard of anyone with the problems that I am having.

CierraPeck06

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I just logged in at iCloud.com, and the CORRECT password is my NEW one. I did the hard reset on both devices, and attempted to log in again, and again it said that my new password was incorrect, but then let me log in with my OLD password. This is so bizarre.

Should I try AGAIN to make a new password? Then perhaps immediately do a hard reset and attempt to log my devices in with my new password?

I am so lost here. I've had my iPhone for less than a month, and my iPad for only about 10 months, and as soon as I do one update (that Apple told me to do, mind you) my stuff gets all screwy.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My guess is apples servers haven't updated fully yet maybe cause all the new devices etc . I would just wait a bit and try again

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
When you logged into iCloud.com, did it show that your Apple ID had been verified? Also, according to the iCloud Status Page there had been intermittent access to iCloud services today and although it shows that everything has been restored, maybe it hasn't.

CierraPeck06

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it says that my Apple ID/email address has been verified. That was the first thing that the Apple tech had me check when I called.

Another weird thing is this...It's clearly my Apple ID that is screwed up somehow, seeing as iMessage, the App Store/iTunes, and FaceTime are the main things that aren't working. AND, they're not working on BOTH my iPhone and my iPad. But, there are other things that are also not working properly, that are not affiliated with my Apple ID. My stock weather app will NOT update, and just says "Weather Unavailable" all of the time; my HBO GO app won't play anymore; my Pandora won't even log in anymore; when I go to a website on my iPad, it all seems to work fine, until I need to log in somewhere, and then it doesn't work anymore.

I am soooo confused, and it's really starting to get frustrating...

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The whole Apple ID iCloud thing can be very confusing. Mine are kind of screwy and I thought about changing them but I decided to leave it alone.

If I set up a new device and when it asks me if I want to use iCloud I have to do it with the ID and password for iTunes. If I use my real iCloud ID and Pass it wont work. Once the device is setup I have to delete that iCloud account on the device then create one with my real iCloud ID and pass and everything syncs right up. :confused: I'm a former mobile me user and that's where the drama started when I converted to iCloud months before I had to.

CierraPeck06

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm so confused. Aren't your Apple ID/iCloud/iTunes accounts all the same???

My iPad is actually probably even more messed up than my iPhone...The iPhone problems just seem more relevant because I use it more. On my iPad, I can't really do anything. On my iPhone, I can sign into iMessage and the App Store SOMETIMES, as long as I use my OLD password, the one that's supposed to be deleted and inactive. P.S. Should I just not be signing in then? Is it a little sketchy to be signing in with an INCORRECT password, even though it is letting me?

Ugh...

Even though I can't figure out how to fix this thus far, I really appreciate everyone's input...Any ideas are better than no idea.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm so confused. Aren't your Apple ID/iCloud/iTunes accounts all the same???

No. Years ago my Apple ID just was to sign into a Apple account for support and make purchases. ITunes comes along and you have to purchase songs using this ID.

Mobile me comes along and is a paid service. You pay using your Apple ID. You get a .me email..

Signing in to Mobile me on the web and for the old iDisk I use my .me email and a password. I paid for the service with my Apple ID use the service with .me email name.

Apple changes mobile me to iCloud and you are identified by the .me email which they now call a Apple ID. but wait "I thought my Apple ID is was the email I have been using for years to make purchases?" It is and so is the mobile me/iCloud.

Apple will not recognize my iCloud Apple ID in setting up a new device for iCloud. It will recognize the Apple ID I have used to make purchases. But once this set up on a new or restored device it's not recognized by iCloud.

Long story long is for me is.. Set up use money Apple ID(connected to CC#). Sync use mobile me/iCloud Apple ID.

Years ago I could have made my Apple ID my mobile me email but I thought there would come a time when I couldn't pay for mobile me and I would lose the .me email. Now the email is free.

kenl1068

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Had the same issue this morning. Apple have changed their passeword settings to incorporate 8 characters, two which have to be letters and one of those letters has to be in upper case. After siging in 3 times your account is disabled, you are then given the option to receive e-mail to change your password. I did this and all is ok now :)

Xeren10

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey I am having the exact same problem... I just got a new iPad mini and it has been working fine... Then all of the sudden my apple ID has stuffed up. I go onto a app like YouTube . Then it comes up saying type in ur username an password. I type them all in and I am 100 percent sure its correct then it just quits back to the home screen. Any suggestions or am I just being an idiot and have missed something.
Thanks...

Patsy Lake

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have reset my apple ID and password twice . The same and I'm still disabled and I called apple support and was told I had an $80.00 Insurance ($79.95) . This annoyed me. I am green to this machine and do what I am what else can I do?? Help

janeever

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I updated to 6.0 and having same problems with iPhone and iPad not recognizing my password, which has always been the same for iTunes, iCloud, and devices. I deleted my iCloud account on both iPhone and iPad and set it up again but to no avail. Cannot upgrade apps on either device because it keeps kicking out ID. :mad:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I updated to 6.0 and having same problems with iPhone and iPad not recognizing my password, which has always been the same for iTunes, iCloud, and devices. I deleted my iCloud account on both iPhone and iPad and set it up again but to no avail. Cannot upgrade apps on either device because it keeps kicking out ID. :mad:

Can you successfully login to www.icloud.com via a computer?

jellybean226

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
ok so i have had the same problem....in fact i still have that problem only mine is way more jumbled up and messed up. so here's the thing
i made an apple id and then it said that i had already used it so i had to make a new email to make an apple id. the apple id was a friend of mines email...so all the apps bought, the email saying that "this person has bought blah blah blah" so my friend was getting tired of getting these emails, so i decides to go to appleid.apple.com to change the apple id. once i did that nothing changed when i wanted to try and buy something from the apple store,so i went to settings and changed it to my NEW apple id. but when i tried to buy something at the app store, it said that i had to verify my payment options/,even though i had already payed it with my OLD apple id. so i decided that this is too complicated,and that i already messed up my apple id a lot,i dont want to make it more messed up. so i tried to put my OLD apple id in settings but it said that it was incorrect. so i wdent to appleid.apple.com and changed my apple id back to what it was. then i went to settings an changed it to my OLD one. it signed in,
but then when i went to the apple store it said i had to verify my payment options AGAIN/\!!!!!!! now im stuck and i cant buy anything with my OLD apple id. my only option now is to make a new apple id and use iTunes cards for my payment option... i need help. and the worst thing is,that i messed up at least 3 apple ids and i dont know how to either delete or fix them. also if i wanted to make a new apple id in my OLD apple id
i still had money in there,so i would i put that into my NEW NEW NEW NEW apple id. humph life is so hard!!!!!:crying::crying::confused::confused::huh::huh::concern::concern::sick::(

Donny Dark

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
How do you erase all your apple crap and start over, icloud, store, itunes, apple ID? MSN sure is a lot more intuitive and easy to operate:devil:!

Matmaid

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat you are and have been on the phone with Apple for the past two days. Since my issues are not resolved, I keep having to call them back. Today when I tried to set up a call, they didn't give me that option, the only gave the option to email them with ID problems I am having. Everytime we think it is solved it shows up somewhere like iTunes, etc. I am so disgusted with Apple right now I just want to toss every Apple device I have!!!!!!

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat you are and have been on the phone with Apple for the past two days. Since my issues are not resolved, I keep having to call them back. Today when I tried to set up a call, they didn't give me that option, the only gave the option to email them with ID problems I am having. Everytime we think it is solved it shows up somewhere like iTunes, etc. I am so disgusted with Apple right now I just want to toss every Apple device I have!!!!!!

You want my address? You can "toss" it to me.

What's the issue? This thread is over 2 years old, so please explain what's going on and let us try to help.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Who are you replying to since the last post was 3 months ago and then 2 years prior to that? Furthermore, what "specific" problems are you having in regard to your Apple ID so we can try to resolve it.?

cillyuan

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
OK, so as soon as I updated to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4S, I began experiencing problems. I'll skip over the lesser significant ones, and straight to the big issue. My Apple ID was suddenly completely unusable. iMessage, FaceTime, the App Store, and iTunes were all denying me when I would attempt to sign in. They would prompt me for my password three times in a row, and then tell me that my password was incorrect or, in the case of the App Store, would just tell me that it cannot connect to it.

To cover all my bases, although I was certain my password was correct, I went to appleid.apple.com, and changed my password. I then returned to my iPhone's settings, and attempted to sign into iMessage and FaceTime with my NEW password, and it worked! Then I tried to sign into the "iTunes and App Store" area, and it denied my new password! THEN, when I tried to sign in with my OLD password (the one I had just reset and changed) it signed me in!

I am also having the same problems on my iPad 2. It won't let me sign into the App Store or my iMessage, and it's driving me nuts.

So, at this very moment, I am technically signed into my Apple ID on my iPhone, with two passwords, one of which I have deleted. That clearly does NOT seem right.

Another odd part about all of this is that I seem to have more problems when I'm connected to my Wi-Fi than when I'm just connected to 3G.

Does any of this sound at all familiar? Does anyone have any advice that they could give me? I plan to make a Genius Bar appointment at the closest Apple Store, but they don't have any available until Monday. Also, I spoke with a technician from AppleCare+, and he pushed all of my information up to their senior tech engineers, to see if they could forcibly change anything from their end, but I'm not supposed to hear from them until Tuesday night. The man that I spoke with said that while there have been a lot of people experiencing issues with iTunes and the App Store since updating to iOS 6, he hadn't seen or heard of anyone with the problems that I am having.

SOLUTION:
These faults are actually really common and here's the solution...
1. Go to SETTINGS:GENERAL:RESTRICTIONS.

You'll probably find that they're turned off. Well, turn them ON! Punch in your pin code and ensure that everything is selected with blue so that they are not restricted.

2. You should now be able to update your iOS AND log in to your Apple ID. Everything should start working again as usual.

This worked in my 4S when it lost Siri and the App Store. It also worked my my iPad Air when I had the same problems signing into. Y Apple ID etc and lost YouTube and couldn't update. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711