Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Redshirt
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

iOS Version

Default Problems

I'm so glad I haven't updated. All I'm
    seeing on this forum is problem after problem. What is likely to happen, will apple receive loads of error reports and then we'll see an update quicker than usual.

I'm going to continue to sit on the 5.1.1 fence!

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    21,124 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I can't say for certain and I can only speak of *my* experience upgrading to iOS 6, but if you use iTunes & restore your device as new, the changeover should be problem free. I have no proof, but that has been my experience.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    I can't say for certain and I can only speak of *my* experience upgrading to iOS 6, but if you use iTunes & restore your device as new, the changeover should be problem free. I have no proof, but that has been my experience.
    i don't care about settings, those can easily be redone, i care about my app data and layout and starting as new will lose everything :S

Global Posts
    21,124 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by epots9 View Post
    i don't care about settings, those can easily be redone, i care about my app data and layout and starting as new will lose everything :S
    I hear ya......A lot of people updated OTA and din't have any problems whereas others were not so lucky. Some upgraded via iTunes and then restored from a backup without any problems whereas others weren't so lucky. It is your device and your choice, my friend.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,507 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The one and only issue that i have is with the facebook app. But i am not the only one. Not sure if it is on apple's end or facebook... very irritating
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    495 Global Posts

I updated both of our iPhones to IOS 6. One was done via iTunes, and the other one OTA. I didn't encounter any problems with the upgrade and all previous settings were unchanged. I am also seeing frequent updates for installed programs.

Global Posts
    21,124 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Fit24 View Post
    I updated both of our iPhones to IOS 6. One was done via iTunes, and the other one OTA. I didn't encounter any problems with the upgrade and all previous settings were unchanged. I am also seeing frequent updates for installed programs.
    Yeah, the apps' developers are quickly updating the apps to be compatible with iOS 6 & the iPhone 5, but that is to be expected.
    iPhone Intermediate

Anyone having problems with yahoo mail.... I keeps say cannot connect to server
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

All good here also. Glad I updated :-)
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by 1982ollie View Post
    I'm so glad I haven't updated. All I'm
    seeing on this forum is problem after problem. What is likely to happen, will apple receive loads of error reports and then we'll see an update quicker than usual.
    You've got to remember, you're self selecting here. You're going to see more negative posts because only the people with problems are posting. The people where it's working fine don't have a reason to post...
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iEd
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The only real problem I had with iOS 6 was with my iPad 2. For some reason the App Store and iTunes app were missing after the update which I did OTA. No issues with the 4s