Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Weather Widget Not Working after update

So i updated my phone two days ago and now the weather widget won't work. I know it's petty but I liked it and when I click on it, it tells me update failed. Any idea why this might be?

Thanks in advance.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

you may have to reconfigure your weather in your native weather app?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I guess i'm a little confused by what my native weather app is. I clicked on the app that the widget is if that's what you mean and tried to put my zip code in there and it tells me it can't find it.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Weather Widget Not Working after update

mine won't find the zipcode either...did you figure out how to fix it??
    iPhone Newbie

iOS Version

Default Weather Widget Not Working after update

Make sure location services are set to ON and the entry specifically for Weather is also ON. If you originally told it to get weather by current location, location services may have been accidentally cut off at some point and it's still trying to look it up that way.

You may also try to open the Weather app by its icon on the screen on by tapping the weather graphic that shows up in the notification center (slide down from top of the screen)…

Once the full app is open, hit the tiny "I" in the bottom right corner and you may or may not see 1 or more cities listed there. I'd just delete any entries in there (even if your city is already in there, delete it)… and start from scratch, hit + and type in your zip code… it should show your city; chose it and close it out.

What this does is sets the weather app to stop using location services to find your current location, it will pull based on the zip code entered always.

I deleted every city out and redid mine, adding my zip and picking the city.. then I was able to cut off it's access to location services totally and it still shows the correct conditions and forecast (and doesn't compain they need to be cut on).