I just upgraded to iOS 6 on iPhone 4 and seems that the auto-lock function just suddenly stopped working, the screen just goes on until I hit the sleep button. My new iPad doesn't have any issues.. anybody know a fix?
    09-21-2012 12:41 AM
    Try changing your setting and then set it back.
    09-21-2012 05:48 AM
    I have the same problem tried setting to different timeout time and then back didn't work for me
    09-21-2012 03:34 PM
    I already tried changing the settings around, 1 min 2 mins, etc, nothing worked. Is anybody else experiencing this?
    09-22-2012 07:42 AM
    Have you tried doing a reset?
    09-22-2012 08:41 AM
    I did a reset as new iPhone and still it does the same thing

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2012 09:09 AM
    The 1 thing I noticed is that it always seems to do it on the home screen

09-23-2012 09:10 AM
    If I'm in an app it times out like it should

09-23-2012 09:11 AM
    Both a hard reset and regular reset.
    09-23-2012 11:31 AM
    It's hit or miss with my iPhone 4S

Good Luck
    09-23-2012 11:53 AM
    Okay, I did a 'reset all settings' in settings and problems fixed. Hope this can be useful for others.

Edit: it appears that when the assistive touch is on the autolock function won't work while in the home screen, but will work if opening a app. I hope Apple fixes this bug in the next update.
    Last edited by champbaka; 09-26-2012 at 03:05 AM.
    09-26-2012 01:04 AM
    Well now I have this issue with my iPad 2, as well as my iPhone 4S.
    I do use AssistiveTouch on both but have'n noticed whether it is just on the Home Screen or.
    I'll try to keep a close eye out for that.

When you reset all settings, exactly what's involved afterwards?
    Do all your setting restore automatically or do you have to go and deal with each settings.

Tks Chambaka
    09-26-2012 08:57 PM
    Pretty much the latter. Such a pain.
    09-28-2012 02:14 AM
    Tks champbaka,
    That's what I thought.

Good luck
    09-28-2012 07:29 PM
    I have the same problem with my auto lock.But I have some solution for it.1. Turn off your assistive touch.2.Use home key when going back to home screen.Instead of using the assistive touch. and 3. If you still decide to use assistive touch when going back to home scree,double tap on any blank space.It should work.
    01-15-2013 10:20 PM
    I have the same problem with my auto lock.But I have some solution for it.1. Turn off your assistive touch.2.Use home key when going back to home screen.Instead of using the assistive touch. and 3. If you still decide to use assistive touch when going back to home scree,double tap on any blank space.It should work.
    Tks NK,
    Im gonna try the double tap tip.
    Good Luck
    01-16-2013 10:46 PM
    My iphone 5 does not shut off either, I have reset every way I can, I went to the Apple store and the genius couldn't find a software problem so they replaced the phone. I went and got coffee next door and when I got my coffee I noticed the phone was still on. Went back to Apple and showed the Genius, let them take it out of my pocket to look and they had no clue. I wear scrubs and their best guess was the fabric is so thin that it senses my skin. Never happened with the 3G I had for years.
    02-18-2013 06:12 PM
    My iphone 5 does not shut off either, I have reset every way I can, I went to the Apple store and the genius couldn't find a software problem so they replaced the phone. I went and got coffee next door and when I got my coffee I noticed the phone was still on. Went back to Apple and showed the Genius, let them take it out of my pocket to look and they had no clue. I wear scrubs and their best guess was the fabric is so thin that it senses my skin. Never happened with the 3G I had for years.
    PC,
    It is a known bug if you have AssistiveTouch enable.
    If you do, you may want to consider disabling it or live with it as I do.
    Although, I haven't noticed lately.
    Good Luck
    02-18-2013 07:25 PM
    when i call any body that display not going sleep still working during the call so pls solve this problem
    03-22-2014 02:28 AM
    I have not only tried everything suggested here including restoring this phone. I thought my 4S had issues but this iPhone 6 purchased in Oct 2014 has had and still have several bugs. If You have any ideas besides me driving 100 miles to either Austin or Dallas to an Apple store I would appreciate you letting me know.

When it's time for another upgrade for my phone it is certainly not guaranteed that another iPhone will replace it. The headaches from my iPhone 4S and now the new ones that have been generated by my iPhone 6 are not impressing me at all.
    02-28-2015 12:54 AM
    If you change your display setting to zoomed, it should work like it is supposed to! Hope this helps!
    07-21-2016 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";