Auto-lock not working iOS 6?

champbaka

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded to iOS 6 on iPhone 4 and seems that the auto-lock function just suddenly stopped working, the screen just goes on until I hit the sleep button. My new iPad doesn't have any issues.. anybody know a fix?

champbaka

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I did a 'reset all settings' in settings and problems fixed. Hope this can be useful for others.

Edit: it appears that when the assistive touch is on the autolock function won't work while in the home screen, but will work if opening a app. I hope Apple fixes this bug in the next update.

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well now I have this issue with my iPad 2, as well as my iPhone 4S.
I do use AssistiveTouch on both but have'n noticed whether it is just on the Home Screen or.
I'll try to keep a close eye out for that.

When you reset all settings, exactly what's involved afterwards?
Do all your setting restore automatically or do you have to go and deal with each settings.

Tks Chambaka

Ncn Komiks

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with my auto lock.But I have some solution for it.1. Turn off your assistive touch.2.Use home key when going back to home screen.Instead of using the assistive touch. and 3. If you still decide to use assistive touch when going back to home scree,double tap on any blank space.It should work.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I have the same problem with my auto lock.But I have some solution for it.1. Turn off your assistive touch.2.Use home key when going back to home screen.Instead of using the assistive touch. and 3. If you still decide to use assistive touch when going back to home scree,double tap on any blank space.It should work.

Tks NK,
Im gonna try the double tap tip.
Good Luck

Pete Carroll

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
My iphone 5 does not shut off either, I have reset every way I can, I went to the Apple store and the genius couldn't find a software problem so they replaced the phone. I went and got coffee next door and when I got my coffee I noticed the phone was still on. Went back to Apple and showed the Genius, let them take it out of my pocket to look and they had no clue. I wear scrubs and their best guess was the fabric is so thin that it senses my skin. Never happened with the 3G I had for years.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
My iphone 5 does not shut off either, I have reset every way I can, I went to the Apple store and the genius couldn't find a software problem so they replaced the phone. I went and got coffee next door and when I got my coffee I noticed the phone was still on. Went back to Apple and showed the Genius, let them take it out of my pocket to look and they had no clue. I wear scrubs and their best guess was the fabric is so thin that it senses my skin. Never happened with the 3G I had for years.

PC,
It is a known bug if you have AssistiveTouch enable.
If you do, you may want to consider disabling it or live with it as I do.
Although, I haven't noticed lately.
Good Luck

Fouzul Arshad

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Iphone 4 ios 6.0 when i call any displaye not sleep sensor not working brothers pls give me an idia

when i call any body that display not going sleep still working during the call so pls solve this problem

BrrRamsbu

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I have not only tried everything suggested here including restoring this phone. I thought my 4S had issues but this iPhone 6 purchased in Oct 2014 has had and still have several bugs. If You have any ideas besides me driving 100 miles to either Austin or Dallas to an Apple store I would appreciate you letting me know.

When it's time for another upgrade for my phone it is certainly not guaranteed that another iPhone will replace it. The headaches from my iPhone 4S and now the new ones that have been generated by my iPhone 6 are not impressing me at all.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW