Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Caballera's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

    Default iOS Mail

    I did a fresh install of iOS 6 onto my iPhone 4S. I was able to sign in to gmail, iCoud, Twitter, Facebook, etc. However whenever I go to my 'Mail' app, I get the message "Password Missing Enter the password for the account "iCloud".". So i'll enter my iCloud password and the message will pop up again. If I click cancel, my mail will load and i'll be able to view it.. but once I'm done, the same message pops up, every time.

    Attached screenshot of the message: iOS Mail-photo.png
    iPhone 4S 16GB (Black) | iPhone 4 16GB (Black) | iPhone 3GS 16GB (Black) | iPod Touch 4G (2010)| MacBook 13" Spring 2011 | iPad 3rd Gen (Black)
    @Caballeraz
  2. #2  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,050 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caballera View Post
    I did a fresh install of iOS 6 onto my iPhone 4S. I was able to sign in to gmail, iCoud, Twitter, Facebook, etc. However whenever I go to my 'Mail' app, I get the message "Password Missing Enter the password for the account "iCloud".". So i'll enter my iCloud password and the message will pop up again. If I click cancel, my mail will load and i'll be able to view it.. but once I'm done, the same message pops up, every time.

    Attached screenshot of the message: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.PNG 
Views:	77 
Size:	208.1 KB 
ID:	19000
    Interesting. Try this: Go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/iCloud/Account and then re-enter your password. Afterwards, select DONE at the top of the screen. Hopefully, that will take care of it. If not, go to Manage Your Apple ID and make sure your information is verified.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 09-20-2012 at 05:53 PM.
    Thanked by:
    jobosumm (09-21-2012)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Caballera's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

    Default

    Thank you for your help. I tried what you suggested, and everything verified after clicking 'Done'. However it still happens. Going to try the link you provided to see if that helps with the issue. Thanks again.
    iPhone 4S 16GB (Black) | iPhone 4 16GB (Black) | iPhone 3GS 16GB (Black) | iPod Touch 4G (2010)| MacBook 13" Spring 2011 | iPad 3rd Gen (Black)
    @Caballeraz
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Caballera's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    150 Posts
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

    Default

    So going to the Manage Apple ID page seems to have done the trick. Which is odd as I only logged in, didn't change anything. Now Mail on my iPhone is no longer showing that annoying popup. Thanks.
    iPhone 4S 16GB (Black) | iPhone 4 16GB (Black) | iPhone 3GS 16GB (Black) | iPod Touch 4G (2010)| MacBook 13" Spring 2011 | iPad 3rd Gen (Black)
    @Caballeraz
  5. #5  
    JustMe'D's Avatar

    Posts
    22,050 Posts
    Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caballera View Post
    So going to the Manage Apple ID page seems to have done the trick. Which is odd as I only logged in, didn't change anything. Now Mail on my iPhone is no longer showing that annoying popup. Thanks.
    You're very welcome. Take care and enjoy the rest of your evening.
  6. #6  
    jobosumm's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default

    I was having the same problem... All I did was sign in as we'll - seems to be fixed. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. #7  
    sacul74's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default iOS Mail

    I am having the Missing Password error on my gmail account. Entering the right password doesn't help. I have tried everything above with no success. Any suggestions?
  8. #8  
    trave1er's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: iOS Mail

    Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Interesting. Try this: Go to Settings/Mail, Contacts, Calendar/iCloud/Account and then re-enter your password. Afterwards, select DONE at the top of the screen. Hopefully, that will take care of it. If not, go to Manage Your Apple ID and make sure your information is verified.
    I'm getting exactly the same popup asking for missing iCloud password. Just like the writer above, it keeps popping up no matter how many times I enter my correct password.

    I've logged into "Manage Your Apple ID" as suggested above and saved no changes, but it seems I still have the problem. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that I have a primary (old, non-editable) Apple ID of MyName@mac.com (an email address I no longer have access to) and an alternate Apple ID of MyName@me.com. My devices and iTunes Store all show my primary @mac.com Apple ID, even though that is not used for iCloud.

    I only get the popup when I'm in the Mail application. It comes up even if iCloud Mail is turned off in Mail Settings. (and turning iCloud Mail OFF does NOT remove it's folders from the Mail application... it's still there no matter what)
    I am running ios6.0.1 jailbroken.

    Thanks!

    Sure would appreciate any further great help you or others might be able to offer on this. The popup drives me crazy.

Posting Permissions