iOS6 Notification Center not clearing alerts when removed from app

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
If I used to delete an email from the mail app, it would disappear from notification center.

Now it doesn't do that.

Is anyone having this problem?

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I was having this problem with Words w/ Friends and Matching w/ Friends on 5.1.1. Still puzzled as to why it happens.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After reading your messages, I sent myself a test message and the received message notification did indeed show up in the notification center. I viewed the message via the mail app and then deleted it. After going back to the notification center, the email was no longer displayed.

Last edited:

NegroNapoleon

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
After reading your messages, I sent myself a test message and the received message notification did indeed show up in the notification center. I viewed the message via the mail app and then deleted it. After going back to the notification center, the email was no longer displayed.

I downloaded the install file and reinstalled it and noticed that it fixed the problem...I was running the GM...really wild that I had to reinstall it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded the install file and reinstalled it and noticed that it fixed the problem...I was running the GM...really wild that I had to reinstall it.

Oh okay. Great! I'm glad you got it taken care of...Enjoy the rest of your evening. :)

anon(5140585)

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
having the same mail icon (in notification center) issue as everyone. Between that and the auto brightness flaw, there nothing to really miss by going back to 5.1.1. If only I could still use Shared Photo Stream, oh well.

Also, I am not digging the new App store layout, way too much white space.

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the uncleared mail notification issue in Notification Center, too. It also happens with Letterpress and several other apps, but Mail and Letterpress are the most annoying offenders.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

+1, i also just did this and after clearing it out, it disappeared from my noti center as well, on 6.0.1