samuelmorgan

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm not entirely understanding passbook or how it works. When I open it, I get prompted to go to the App Store to download apps like fandango and sephora. When I close it and go back, I just get the same prompt. Are we not able to add our own discount cards and flight itineraries? Do they have to be pushed to the app?

BKWILLIAMS

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This was very frustrating for me. You must text " signup to 1-617-249-3733. The application will be updated on 9-25 according to touch site.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
yeah i'm really surprised they launched passport with so little instruction or support. And if i have to download an app i don't want just to make it work i don't see it as that great. like if i have a plane ticket i shouldn't need to download the app too. just enter my airline account info. regardless it seems so unpolished.

Tone.english

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I can now at least can connect to iTunes. I had to set date time one year ahead, launch passbook and connect to iTunes, and than switch date time back to auto. This should help those who cannot connect at least.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i found out you don't need the app. I guess the passbook file is a link that can be anywhere and it will add it to you app. Sort of like they send a link in an email conformation, You click on it in your phone and a movie ticket could get added to your account or plane ticket or maybe a gift card. i'm guessing that's how it would work. Rene said that in a podcast so that's good. Still surprised it launched in such a state of support. I guess many companies may have to get the systems in place to handle such a payment system. That said starbucks already does a similar thing, and i've had boarding passes on my phone on delta, so i'd think they'd both be ready to go at launch but i'm not developer so i don't now anything.