That annoying problem where the system saved every address entered has been addressed.
    I installed IOS 6 on my IPad and am now able to remove those old email addresses.
    09-19-2012 10:25 PM
    How do you do it?
    09-19-2012 11:29 PM
    Type in the stored email address in the To box, then when it displays it, press the indicator on the right and expand the listing. Delete is an option in the expanded listing.
    09-20-2012 01:27 AM
    Goos to know..Thanks
    09-20-2012 01:43 AM
    Hmmm...not seeing this. I see an arrow on a couple, but not all. I wonder what the rhyme or reason is.
    09-20-2012 04:24 PM
    oh, I think I figured it out, you actually need to enter the email address, not the name. Although, I can't seem to get it to work with all of them.
    09-20-2012 04:27 PM
    Ok, this is very inconsistent. I can't figure out how rhyme or reason as to why I can delete some and not others.
    09-20-2012 09:18 PM
    Ok, this is very inconsistent. I can't figure out how rhyme or reason as to why I can delete some and not others.
    You can't delete them if they are in your address book.
    09-20-2012 10:39 PM
    Bingo. Stupid me. I think that's it. Thank you.
    09-20-2012 10:50 PM
    No, that's not all of it.

I just sent an email to abcd@foobar.com and abcd@foobar.com show up but without the arrow.

When I deleted my email in my Sent folder it showed up and I was able to delete the email address from cache.

So it looks like if you have ONE mail from an address in your mail application you can't remove the mail from the cache...
    11-12-2012 06:28 AM
    No, that's not all of it.

I just sent an email to abcd@foobar.com and abcd@foobar.com show up but without the arrow.

When I deleted my email in my Sent folder it showed up and I was able to delete the email address from cache.

So it looks like if you have ONE mail from an address in your mail application you can't remove the mail from the cache...
    Really? That makes no sense. But why am I not surprised. I would love to clean up one time emails from the recents list, but unless I do this, I guess you can't? Seems weird.
    11-12-2012 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD