Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

Default Stored email addresses now can be deleted

That annoying problem where the system saved every address entered has been addressed.
    I installed IOS 6 on my IPad and am now able to remove those old email addresses.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

How do you do it?
    iMore Pro

Type in the stored email address in the To box, then when it displays it, press the indicator on the right and expand the listing. Delete is an option in the expanded listing.
    Thanked by:
    Heisenberg (09-20-2012), nikkisharif (09-20-2012)

Goos to know..Thanks
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Hmmm...not seeing this. I see an arrow on a couple, but not all. I wonder what the rhyme or reason is.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

oh, I think I figured it out, you actually need to enter the email address, not the name. Although, I can't seem to get it to work with all of them.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Ok, this is very inconsistent. I can't figure out how rhyme or reason as to why I can delete some and not others.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by steveng_nh View Post
    Ok, this is very inconsistent. I can't figure out how rhyme or reason as to why I can delete some and not others.
    You can't delete them if they are in your address book.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Bingo. Stupid me. I think that's it. Thank you.
    iPhone Newbie

Default Re: Stored email addresses now can be deleted

No, that's not all of it.

I just sent an email to abcd@foobar.com and abcd@foobar.com show up but without the arrow.

When I deleted my email in my Sent folder it showed up and I was able to delete the email address from cache.

So it looks like if you have ONE mail from an address in your mail application you can't remove the mail from the cache...
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Default Re: Stored email addresses now can be deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pieroxy View Post
    No, that's not all of it.

I just sent an email to abcd@foobar.com and abcd@foobar.com show up but without the arrow.

When I deleted my email in my Sent folder it showed up and I was able to delete the email address from cache.

So it looks like if you have ONE mail from an address in your mail application you can't remove the mail from the cache...
    Really? That makes no sense. But why am I not surprised. I would love to clean up one time emails from the recents list, but unless I do this, I guess you can't? Seems weird.