Do Not Disturb Question

vthokies

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I put my phone on "Do Not Disturb" and used my mom's phone to call my phone. The call still went through, even though I set it to "Do not accept calls from anyone."

Edit: Nevermind. Found out that the phone has to be locked in order for this to work.

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I put my phone on "Do Not Disturb" and used my mom's phone to call my phone. The call still went through, even though I set it to "Do not accept calls from anyone."

Edit: Nevermind. Found out that the phone has to be locked in order for this to work.
That's good to know!!!

Larrytoots

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I toggled DND on and scheduled quiet hours for 9pm to 6 am. The moon icon shows in the status bar. But both mornings now when I wake up it's off. Do I need to do this daily? Shouldn't the scheduled do not disturb stay on unless I toggle it off?

steveg_nh

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
OR... just flip the silence switch... DND us a great idea, but it seems like WAY too much work at this point... give it until the first update and see what Apple does with it.

I know it seems like a petty request. But when I flip the switch, even though I've been doing it for a while, sometimes I still forget to turn it back on in the morning. And when silenced, critical calls are silenced too. I guess I want the two things combined. :)

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I toggled DND on and scheduled quiet hours for 9pm to 6 am. The moon icon shows in the status bar. But both mornings now when I wake up it's off. Do I need to do this daily? Shouldn't the scheduled do not disturb stay on unless I toggle it off?

LT,
If you have a scheduled enabled then the Do Not Disturb toggle just below Bluetooth in settings should be off. That is just for manual enabling.

Hope this make sense.

Good Luck

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I just figured this one out a few minutes ago. It would be cool if it worked when unlocked.But that's cool I ain't mad.

Raiden38

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Since we have DND function now, there is no real point of turning off the sound switch during the night. However, when the alarm goes off in the morning, the vibration makes a crazy noise on my desk. I have set to have my iphone vibrate when sound is on and do not vibrate when silent... Obviously, DND does not makes the iphone stop the vibration.

So is there a way to keep the vibration for receiving calls, emails etc etc but to remove the vibrations for alarms??? Or remove vibration during DND?

I guess I could just filp the switch but if there is an automated way, would be nice!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Raiden38

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
DND us a great idea, but it seems like WAY too much work at this point...

LOL! What kind of work are you talking about?? Thought this was actually one if the simplest function on iOS. DND = no notifications when locked... Not very complicated.

Ah Yes, a lot a work to program it!!! A switch button and/or entering times is very hard. Geez Apple, make it simpler!

Just joking!

;)

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It worked for me last night using the native alarm clock. No mag, or emails or tweets came through,

They were waiting for me when I woke up.

But I had to give up using the app Alarm Clock to make it work since the phone has to be locked to enable DnD. Consequently, no clock display during the night. Hopefully the app will be updated.

Good Luck

Oh, that's what's going on! I have been getting email sounds all night long even with DND, but I have to use TimeTuner for my alarm clock, so I guess DND isn't quite what I needed yet.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to wake this thread up from the dead:p but i just updated yesterday to 6.0.1. Now i have a question in regards to DnD, which is just not making sense to me so maybe i'm missing something. OK, so I have DnD set for scheduled ON quiet time 10pm-630am. call from favorites only. repeated calls ON. I then went into the settings menu and turned the DnD to ON. Now i'm under the impression because i have specific time set to DnD from 1030pm-630am that if i leave the main toggle in setting to ON it will ONLY function during those times i set.

Now, sitting here i had a calendar event to go off at 10am, and just looking at the time a few mins ago, i realized my calendar alarm never sounded. Yes my phone was sitting locked.

Am i missing a setting or something? Is my DnD not functioning properly? OR is it that even with the main switch in setting toggled to ON my phone regardless of time set, thinks its in DnD mode because its sitting locked?

i can add, that when i went in and toggled that main switch to OFF, i set a test calendar event which sounded with no problem, and my call came through as well.

thanks for any insite:)

a5asu4u6.jpg

zygajy5a.jpg

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
With DnD... if you use the toggle to turn it on... it's on until you turn it off. You've got the scheduled one properly set - that's all you need... you don't have to toggle it on. The scheduled one will do its thing without any additional intervention.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
With DnD... if you use the toggle to turn it on... it's on until you turn it off. You've got the scheduled one properly set - that's all you need... you don't have to toggle it on. The scheduled one will do its thing without any additional intervention.

Keith, your gonna wanna shoot me :p about 20mins after I posted this the light bulb went on and I realized what I was making so technical was really so easy & the answer was right in front of me. I at first was under the understanding that the main DnD in the settings screen ON affected the scheduled time for it functioning. Lol. and I didn't get a chance to get back & edit my post that I fig'd it out.😳

Thank you for the clarification anyway😃 I appreciate it! And hey this may help someone else out too!!

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Keith, your gonna wanna shoot me :p about 20mins after I posted this the light bulb went on and I realized what I was making so technical was really so easy & the answer was right in front of me. I at first was under the understanding that the main DnD in the settings screen ON affected the scheduled time for it functioning. Lol. and I didn't get a chance to get back & edit my post that I fig'd it out.

Thank you for the clarification anyway I appreciate it! And hey this may help someone else out too!!

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!

Pink,
I think the layout is confusing.
Perhaps they should have worded the 1st DnD as "Manual DnD Setting" then in small print " go to Notifications to Schedule DnD"
Anyway. This is a great feature. Now if we could just get the clock to display all night as a night clock - you know like the BB Bedside Mode.
It's tuff leaning up to see over my wife, at night while in bed, to see the time on her BB. :eek:
Good Luck

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Keith, your gonna wanna shoot me :p about 20mins after I posted this the light bulb went on and I realized what I was making so technical was really so easy & the answer was right in front of me.
No shooting from me... :) Glad it's all clear for you now.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink,
I think the layout is confusing.
Perhaps they should have worded the 1st DnD as "Manual DnD Setting" then in small print " go to Notifications to Schedule DnD"
Anyway. This is a great feature.
I'll agree that it would have been better clarified on the setting screen. :)
Now if we could just get the clock to display all night as a night clock - you know like the BB Bedside Mode.
It's tuff leaning up to see over my wife, at night while in bed, to see the time on her BB. :eek:
Good Luck

even when I had my bb, I never used the bedside mode. So for me having/not having this feature wouldn't make a difference, whereas for you or others it would:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
No shooting from me... :) Glad it's all clear for you now.
WooHoo !! no need to duck and run:p

thanks again! :)

Welcome to 6.0.1. Pink. :) DnD is one of my favorite features.
thanks Fit :) i set it up yesterday morn (as you can see), and last night while prepping to turn in i always do a last check on my phone, close out stuff, and i saw the little half moon show up in my top bar:D I think this will be a fave of mine too:) and out of all nights, not one single email or msg came in either:p LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods