Wifi doesn't work

giper54

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded to iOS 6 and now my wi if wont work on my 4s with AT&T. My other devices and upgraded fine an iPad and iPhone 4. Anyone else having problems?

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just started having that same issue. I'm on Verizon with a 4S and it worked fine since I downloaded the new OS and now hours later having problems and will not connect.

Danegre

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Same exact issue. Verizon Iphone 4, Connect to wifi and takes me to log in apple.com

Going to settings, reset, network reset DOES NOT correct this issue

Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Aside from resetting network settings, one could try putting their phone into airplane mode for 30 seconds, then turn it back off and see what happens... also - power off the phone and reboot.

zschiffman

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Why would connecting to WiFi even attempt to open a web page? Something is really messed up.

It's checking to see if the wifi has an internet connection or if it is a captive portal you need to log in to. If the wifi requires a log in, it shows the page it redirects you to even if you aren't in a web browser. Before they added this, you'd be trying to figure out why your app isn't working until you tried safari and got the login page there.

Looks like the server it connects to to test the connection is broken.

Danegre

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Aside from resetting network settings, one could try putting their phone into airplane mode for 30 seconds, then turn it back off and see what happens... also - power off the phone and reboot.

One of the first things I did. I rebooted everything including my router.

Nothing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal