i have no idea why some people are complaining about Apple's map search

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i've been using it all day today (with turn by turn) and it has worked flawlessly. never had to turn on my Garmin in the work vehicle

just for fun i searched nearby businesses in each city where i was and again, worked perfect

are you sure you guys are doing it right?? shout out to Apple for their hard work

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
i've been using it all day today (with turn by turn) and it has worked flawlessly. never had to turn on my Garmin in the work vehicle

just for fun i searched nearby businesses in each city where i was and again, worked perfect

are you sure you guys are doing it right?? shout out to Apple for their hard work

Agree, i've been using it since beta 1 and I haven't had a fail search, I drove all south Fl with the gps without any issues. For what I need for... it does a pretty good job

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I haven't used it all day, but I did test it out and it gave me excellent directions. I will test it extensively tomorrow, but like you, I like it. I still have Waze installed, just in case, but I may dump it if Apple Maps continue to perform well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've used it a lot within the past month. Hasn't failed me at all. I honestly think people just don't know how to use maps or follow navigation directions.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I could be mistaken but all of the criticism that I have heard has to do with POI search. They have changed the way that it works. Not going to comment on it being better or worse, just different. Once you realize how it works, it's not all that different from the Google maps search. Just different. What was Apple's motto at one time, Think Different?

On a side note though, all of the hub bub of Apple changing the UI and when they make a few changes with Maps, App Store, etc. etc. the interwebs blow up? Come on people make up your friggin minds.

Troy89

May 18, 2012
Visit site
The only criticism I have of it is that it has been pretty slow to load for me even on wifi, though as its the first day I doing a wait and see approach

necigrad

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
My experience with it today was poor. It was laggy and the traffic information sucks. In addition, it's not possible (or at least it appears this way to me) to search for intersections. This is a HUGE problem for me.

Smj1982

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
It's not working on my device. Don't know what's the problem..or I guess maps and voice are not complete for india..if its so then it is very sad..
Even tried navigation somewhere in USA between two places but voice was not present.

Silvetti

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Because not everyone lives in US... And the rest of the WORLD the map imaging is crappy... Take a look here here I live... Well next to it because where I live there is a giant cloud on top...

y3a5u8a3.jpg

Phoqcey

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
1- one should learn how to use features - most of the mistakes are caused by users, not programs
2- it will be there anyway, no coming back for gmaps.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It's nothing i'll give up Navigon for. Otherwise it's kind of nice to have an alternative even if i barely use it.

Jdhiker

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Used mine this morning and pretty happy with it. I may delete waze as I used to used that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlos31820

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I used it this morning on the way to work. I especially like that that I can turn the screen off while navigating and when a turn is approaching, the phone screen turns on to the lock screen and a scrolling map shows where album art would normally display. It did this even though I was also using Spotify at the time. Very cool feature.

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
i dont understand whats going on either. it worked great for me last night. i said, "take me home, siri" and it popped up directions to my house from my current location. i was impressed :)

the notification you get if you are in another app is great too. i think it'll be even better with the new hardware though.

Taco50

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
It's worked good for me too. I used it a lot yesterday, but I believe outside the US it works much worse. That's what I hear anyway.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
The criticism is that in some places, whole cities don't show up on the Apple map, which is a pretty significant error. As far as the news goes though, I only seen reports about it in the UK. At my current location, the new Apple map is significantly better than the previous one. This is a screenshot taken a little while ago comparing the Apple map to Google's map. In the Apple map, the blue dot is off by about 100 feet or so. In the Google map, the blue dot is off by at least 2000 feet. I tried refreshing and centering the map at least a half dozen times on the Google map and I got the exact same result every time.