LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like that's just cosmetic leg me know if the ones u created actually work the fine print says its pretty much for show and not guaranteed to work

Certainly works - I've used it a half dozen times. You need to input a valid card # that you buy at a sbux.

Been usin passbook and setting up via passsource.com since beta 1

tallarob

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
This works but you left out to double click home button to close the passbook app in the background after setting year to 2013, then reopen the app. Works like a charm. All the apps that work with passbook are listed.
I tried this workaround and it didn't work. I guess I'll just have to wait until Apple figures this out. I have and iPhone 4. My son has a new iPhone 5 and my wife has a 4S and it works for both of them. I don't know if it's related to the fact that I have an older phone.

Tone.english

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the cannot connect to iTunes on the passbook app on my iPhone 5, the fix I used on the iPhone 4S is not working. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Pass Book seems to a fail. It is confusing and needs to have a way to manage it from the app.

i tried a demo in the store and it seems useful. i simply think they launched it when it was not ready. If they'd launched this with 30 to 40 companies onboard with working apps. Like starbucks and many airlines already use scanners and codes for purchases. So for example imagine the same launch but passbook works with say 10 airlines, 10 grocery stores, costco and sames club cards, walmart, target, apple store (how is your own store not working already), starbucks, peets coffee, fandango, moviefone, etc. i don't know fill in the other names. but you get the point. And also it would help to have instructions, like a help link because it's not self explanatory how it works to the average users. But i think if they'd done that instead of this half assed launch it would have presented itself with a better image. Like i said before, i'd be stunned if when Jobs ran Apple they'd have launched so haphazardly. I'm not saying he hasn't had busts, see Ping, but i think he'd had said that's not good enough.

---------- Post Merged at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:29 AM ----------

on a 4S and i've had the exact same problem twice. it moves fine right after the crash. i may have something to do with moving it from one page to another.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I think you have to have a credit card associated with your account with whatever app you're using. I put Walgreens in Passbook and it showed up after I associated a credit card with my Walgreens account.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I think you have to have a credit card associated with your account with whatever app you're using. I put Walgreens in Passbook and it showed up after I associated a credit card with my Walgreens account.

I don't think so. I was able to put the Walgreens in Passport the day I upgraded to iOS 6 and I didn't need to provide any credit card information.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't think so. I was able to put the Walgreens in Passport the day I upgraded to iOS 6 and I didn't need to provide any credit card information.

Ah, it must have been the way I did it then. But anyway that's the only app I have so far. I'll hit up Target and CVS soon and I already have a Starbucks account with the app, so by the end of the month that will be in Passbook too.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah, it must have been the way I did it then. But anyway that's the only app I have so far. I'll hit up Target and CVS soon and I already have a Starbucks account with the app, so by the end of the month that will be in Passbook too.

Yeah, thus far, Walgreens is the only thing I have. I got it in Passport by installing its app. I don't want to have to install a store's app just to get an item into Passport. That is counterproductive. Anyway, I'm sure Passport will live up to its billing over the next few months with more companies coming onboard and simpler ways of insertion into the app. We will see.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, thus far, Walgreens is the only thing I have. I got it in Passport by installing its app. I don't want to have to install a store's app just to get an item into Passport. That is counterproductive. Anyway, I'm sure Passport will live up to its billing over the next few months with more companies coming onboard and simpler ways of insertion into the app. We will see.

So clarify one thing. Once an app is in Passbook, you can delete it from the iPhone and it will still be in Passbook?

iMark

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't have to wait for some companies to jump on board. The iPhone has a camera. It has bar code scanning ability. You should snap a picture of your loyalty card bar code, and be done. This exists in KeyRing. Most store logos are in KeyRing. If they can get that ability into Passbook (as they should have done), it would be a winner.

flyersfan76

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Is Passbook going to be able to replace Cardstar or similar apps. The store credit features are cool but not having to carry keytags is what most interests me.

I tried playing with passbook on my wife's phone and it didn't seem like I could do what I wanted it or thought it would do.

---------- Post Merged at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:59 PM ----------

How does keyring compare to cardstar. I got all my cards loaded on my 2 iPads in andicipation of getting our iPhones. Haven't went down that road yet though.

I was hoping Passbook was actually used like this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative