iOS 6 bugs and feedback

Iphonejackson

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
When I downloaded an app it created two icons. One was a "loading" icon the other was the completed download. A restart fixed this issue.

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I could have sworn I saw in the release notes that you could view shared photo streams on the Apple TV. Anyone get this to work? Or are we still waiting for iOS 6 to hit the TV?

BigMike535

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have my Gmail account set up through exchange. I can't flag an email though. I can flag my work email or my yahoo, but not my gmail through exchange. It only gives me the option to Mark Unread. Anyone else have this issue?

Same here. No gmail flagging. However, I have 2 flagged emails from iOS 5 that made it to the flagged box.

miah84

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Everything's copacetic on my 3GS. Except I can't get panoramic pictures to work.... Just kidding. I'm really quite surprised how well it's running ios6. Maybe the new update will hold me over the couple months I have to wait for my iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
my thoughts

maps is not great or special. Haven't got a chance to try navigation in a car yet. do like the siri integration though.
i'm not big on the grey change to the music player but still is functional so it's mostly cosmetic
virtually all the updates i don't use. like the facebook/twitter integration.
App Store i find unusable. It's cumbersome,
Passport does nothing at all and i even have a starbucks card and app on my phone. Also a delta app but no current boarding passes.

So far there isn't a single new thing that i use more then merely to test it. Very little that improves how i use the phone daily. For how i use my phone, ios 6 is actually more disappointing then i expected seeing that list of new things. In fact i can't say it's worth a number 6 to me. it's just 5.2. Functionally it works. But for my use there is barely anything different. oh i'm on a 4s

Ryans80

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
There is know way that I can find to download a individual song in iTunes Match. You have to download the entire album and either delete the songs you don't wont or hit the stop download button next to each song before it downloads. Very inconvenient!!!

circlez

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Definitely noticing the autobrightness issue. It simply does not work on my device. My iOS 6 install was a clean one, through iTunes not OTA.

khobia2

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So just noticed that the App Store and iTunes on my iPad reverted to their old look. Was like oh no! So I logged out of each and logged back in and the updated look reappeared. Anyone else experienced this?

dolacheck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues with the volume on my speaker phone since I updated. Anyone else?

When I am on a call and switch to speaker its really quiet.

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
There is know way that I can find to download a individual song in iTunes Match. You have to download the entire album and either delete the songs you don't wont or hit the stop download button next to each song before it downloads. Very inconvenient!!!

There's a workaround, make a playlist with just that song.

Reactions: Ryans80

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Two things missing so far: The native YouTube app (on both iPhone and iPad)and the bookmarks in iCloud and Safari on the iPhone have disappeared. (So I uploaded the free YouTube one from the App Store provided by Google but it just isn't the same. )

But the missing bookmark sync in iCloud is really a major FAIL. All my work and accounts bookmarks were on all my devices. And now i have to re-add all my bookmarks onto my phone or open them up on my iPad first and keep the tabs open. Very annoyed about this. Why would Apple do this???

Don't like the look of the phone keypad either. And the uber-dimming feature is annoying too. Oh well.

Le sigh. :(

Update! Decided to do an iCloud backup - all bookmarks are restored. Whew!

Last edited:

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

The way I've always done it (unless it's been changed in iO6) is under settings for Music under iTunes Match, set to "Show All Music". This will display your whole iTunes Cloud collection in your music. Select the song(s) you want to download and after downloading set the Show All Music to Off again (unless you want to leave it on). Personally, I just want to see what's on my phone, so I leave it off.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Two things missing so far: The native YouTube app (on both iPhone and iPad)and the bookmarks in iCloud and Safari on the iPhone have disappeared. (So I uploaded the free YouTube one from the App Store provided by Google but it just isn't the same. )

But the missing bookmark sync in iCloud is really a major FAIL. All my work and accounts bookmarks were on all my devices. And now i have to re-add all my bookmarks onto my phone or open them up on my iPad first and keep the tabs open. Very annoyed about this. Why would Apple do this???

Don't like the look of the phone keypad either. And the uber-dimming feature is annoying too. Oh well.

Le sigh. :(

It is no secret that the YouTube app would be removed From I-devices. That has been reported repeatedly. As for cloud syncing of bookmarks, mine still work. I reset both my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 and set them up as new. I did not restore from a backup and my bookmarks (all of them) were present and synced among my devices. Note: I did not update OTA. I updated via iTunes.

JonB74

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Since upgrading yesterday my work email (exchange) is very very slow to check, download, etc. Might be a coincidence with something on the server or the fact that everyone is swamping the networks downloading the update.

I deleted the account, added it again. Still the same. It takes 10 minutes to check and download a single email message.

ssandler77

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
This launch was supposed to be huge, look at all the blogs, reports and all other media stating how amazing ios 6 was going to be. I admit i was hooked, i began my upgrade yesterday at 12:45pm. I took into account the world updating at the same time, so i was in no rush. However, after 2 hours, something should have happened. Finally i updated through itunes and another 45 minutes later my phone was on IOS 6. I quickly went though every setting, and here is my two cents..

Upgrade = some what of a fail. My iPhone 4s took a while, and my wife's iPhone 4s bricked and took 4 hours to get her back to ios5.
*****Passbook = really apple, even siri is labeled as beta and that works without any issues.
Maps = Extremely happy with the update, maps reload as fast as Google maps, navigation is better with the road sign icons for upcoming turns.
The look = GREAT job. the colors, the sharpness is visible on almost every app and setting.
Speed = no difference still good

Overall, I feel like I i upgraded to a pretty OS in its infancy stages.

Eagerly awaiting updates from Apple to make this the BEST smartphone on the market again!

I have only been on the Apple bandwagon for a little over a year, so i am only speaking from my own personal experience.

Edit -
*****Passbook is actually pretty cool, once i did the work around of setting the date to be 2013 and then setting it back to automatic.

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
My issue is with ringtones and text tones. They won't come over from iTunes. On all versions of iOS 6 beta I never had issues. Then with the GM it removed all of them. Restored via iTunes, still won't sync any text or ringtones. There is one random text tone I purchased that syncs but the other ones won't. I have purchased ones and ones I made in Garage band.... none will work. :(

Everytime I try and sync with iTunes to get them the sync process sits at step 7 out of 7... waiting for items to copy and never finishes. I unplug my phone and it shows the sync icon in the top bar of my phone still. Only way to get it to go away is a hard reboot.

This is irritating. How were none of these problems present in the betas but now they're there in the GM? Sigh....

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Found a really strange, only slightly annoying bug. If you open an app that is in an app folder on your home screen, use the app for a bit, then press the home button to return to the home screen, then press the home button to close the folder, the folder takes about 2 seconds to close. Like the phone is thinking. What's strange though is that if you tap the space around the folder rather than pressing the home button to close it, it closes instantly. I guess I'll have to retrain my fingers to do that.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73