Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iOS 6 bugs and feedback

Hi there

I have a iPad2 WiFi, whit iOS5.1.1 i have a great wifi range, but now i walk 5 meters (about 16 feets) and the connectios its lost (other mobile devices work great the wifi in the same spot where the ipad lost the signal), many of the "solutions" on the web doesn't work for me. I try to downgrade to iOS5.1.1 but i stuck getting a error 3194 when veryfies the ipsw file (was downloaded from apple).

Any one has the same problem, maybe a solution?

Regards form Mexico
    Dennison Wolfe likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Dont kno if anyone else has noticed it seems that weather location is a little off since iOS 6

Global Posts
    7,854 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default iOS 6 bugs and feedback

Quote Originally Posted by musichighc_2 View Post
    Dont kno if anyone else has noticed it seems that weather location is a little off since iOS 6
    The weather app picks the same location for me as it did before.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,501 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Mine was waaay off the other day.
    Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4GHz i7, 12GB RAM on OSX Mavericks GM
    iPhone 6 128GB Slate
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    ATV3
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

This is truly strange because I never noticed bugs in iOS 5 like there are in iOS 6. For one, in some apps (usually random) they automatically enable fullscreen so the statusbar s no longer visible. You have to kill the certain app to see the status bar again. Another bug i noticed was that conversations in the messages app sometimes only show the contacts name and not the last message below, but if you enter that chat and go back to message list it all works fine... strange. This isnt a bug but a feature that is lacking: when sharing photo streams i hoped that people who subscribe could also post pictures of their own into the photo stream, like a"pool" feature, but this is not the case and only I can share photos no matter how many people scribe to my pictures (kinda like instagram in the sense that i post pictures but no one else can.) I was hoping it would be more like BBM Groups in which anyone who is subscribed to the stream could share pictures, comment, like pictures, and the creator could delete pics or contacts if needed be like the administrator of the stream. Hopefully this is added and these bugs are fixed.
    iMore Guru

iOS Version

There're good reasons why I am still on 5.1.1, it just works.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock View Post
    There're good reasons why I am still on 5.1.1, it just works.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk
    5.1.1 was great and I use to think that iOS 6 was a dud too (was jailbroken) but i figured hey, im getting the iphone 5 might as well try iOS 6 to prepare myself, and its been really cool. I like having more control of my privacy settings, photoshare is awesome and so is facebook integration. Maps has really cool features and i havent experienced any wrong directions yet. Relying to calls with a message instantly has come in handy a couple times and so has the ability to not have to re enter passwords to update apps. Cellular for facetime is not really that great for me as I never use it (never have) and neither is lack of jailbreak, but in time iOS 6 will get better. Just hope it's sooner rather than later.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but when I use the search feature and hit 'search web' it doesn't respond until a second press.. Anyone else notice?
    iPhone Nanite

On my iPod touch 4g, I can't get to music menu on iTunes - it just goes to the movies menu or crashes. If I search for music, it sometimes works on a good day but mostly drops out to menu! Daughter's iPod is fine...
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Apple going to release iOS 6.1, Hope that will reduce more bugs
    iPhone Nanite

For whatever reason, whenever I start an app that uses the Internet and start typing into it, either the app or my phone will crash. I went to the apple store and even got an entirely new phone, yet the problem persists. Any suggestions?
    iPhone Nanite

Yes, I had the exact same problem. It looked like the flash and picture snap were out of sync. I just upgraded to 6.01 and a quick test of a dark location with the flash on appears to work correctly now. But it was only a quick test...
    iPhone Nanite

5.0.1 works just fine no need to ios 6 it has so many problems the way i see it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The only issue that I've had with iOS 6 is the Purchased apps section not working on my iPhone 4S nor my iPad mini. The app store will simply crash after trying to load the section for while. Tried restoring as new, as well as pretty much every other common fix, still doesn't work.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

Finally made the jump from 5.1!! Everything went smoothly...I barely hyperventilated at all!! lol I was a big hold out when I had to upgrade my BB to os6 because of issues and having to set everything back up etc. This upgrade has to be the smoothest I've ever done. So far I've noticed the enhancements and no major problems...camera has worked fine, didn't even look at maps because I use MapQuest, overall I'm glad I did it! And not for nothin', its almost like a brand new toy to play with now!!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,604 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by seashell93 View Post
    Finally made the jump from 5.1!! Everything went smoothly...I barely hyperventilated at all!! lol I was a big hold out when I had to upgrade my BB to os6 because of issues and having to set everything back up etc. This upgrade has to be the smoothest I've ever done. So far I've noticed the enhancements and no major problems...camera has worked fine, didn't even look at maps because I use MapQuest, overall I'm glad I did it! And not for nothin', its almost like a brand new toy to play with now!!!
    SS,
    I think you and Pink conspired to hold out as long as you could.
    Have a great weekend.

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    SS,
    I think you and Pink conspired to hold out as long as you could.
    Have a great weekend.
    Heck yeah! I wasn't doing it alone!!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iPhone Nanite

Try switching off the Auto-Brightness
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

I am still not updating to iOS 6 b/c of the changes it makes to maps, in addition to all of the bugs that I have been reading about. Seems like more of a downgrade then an upgrade.

Global Posts
    7,854 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Overall I think the changes and issues to the maps are overblown by the media that likes to jump on any issues with Apple stuff. But there are definitely some problems in some locations so if you know someone else running iOS 6 turn why don't you just check out the maps in locations important to you and then decide rather than relying on reports.

I, and other people, actually like the new maps better and the Siri integration with it works really well.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I had a bug with too many SMS messages arriving. My phone logged nearly 250 messages, and it crashed. Had to hard reboot it to make it work.
    Ed7789
    iMore Beginner

iOS Version
    IOS 6 GM

Don't know what this is on my Angry Birds Star wars.

It Might be a Bug

I dont sleep, I might miss the opportunity to make a dream become a reality.
    50 cent
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Not sure if this was mentioned. I changed my wallpapers on home and lock screen, but when i get a call it reverts back to the previous wallpaper I had on the call screen. Just a little quirk I thought was weird....and I would love for the wifi issues to be fixed. I go from good wifi and unlimited data on my 4, to crap wifi and a data cap...i smell conspiracy (JK!)
    iPhone Nanite

Once I updated to IOS 6, my IPad syncs correctly to ICloud but I can't even get my phone to connect. There's something somewhere that's causing the apple ID signon to keep popping up but the problem isn't resolving. I recently lost my phone and wasn't happy to see that "Find my Phone" showed all my devices EXCEPT my phone. Then, for no reason, my notes synced to something else and I lost all my current activity. PhotoStream is also disabled. I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.
    iPhone Nanite

I tap brightness and it works normally again. Hard to reproduce.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast