Who is not updating to iOS 6 and why?

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I want too, but think I will not. My iphone4 is already kinda sluggish. Maybe just wait till I can purchase the iphone5 to enjoy iOS 6. :(

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to Beta 4 a few weeks back and then the GM last Wednesday. I was jailbroken on 5.1.1 forever but I decided to go stock in preparation for the iPhone 5 :)

tibbi64

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Just wish they would let the iphone4 get Siri. I know they want us to buy the 4s or iphone5, which I will just when I can. :(

seashell93

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Probably won't upgrade...no need for Siri and also the features appear to be for the 4s anyways...although the incoming call feature is kinda nice, may wait and see...

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm afraid it will slow my 4S down so i'm gonna wait a little while and see what people say

I have had iOS 6 on my 4S since the first beta. It has never slowed it down even in the slightest. I even have an old 3GS running iOS 6 and it is working just fine.

Slowness of the OS is not going to be a concern for you. Maps, on the other hand, might. :)

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I have my iPhone 4 sitting in front of me asking to be updated while my iPad 3 is getting juiced now. I'm trying to hold off and not to the phone. I'm picking up a 5 in less than 45 hours and want the complete new feeling of everything that will go a long with the new phone. Willpower... (maybe :) ).

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm afraid it will slow my 4S down so i'm gonna wait a little while and see what people say

:)i'm right there with ya rew. I'm actually STILL on 5.0.1 and my 4S is running great, clean. Thats why i never bothered to go to 5.1.1, and now for the same reason of 'dont fix what isnt broken' kinda thing - i may not upgrade to iOS6 either and just wait to enjoy it when i decide to get my i5, when ever that may be;) i can live without the few new changes Apple has incorporated to iOS6.

(and i know a few members who will frown upon my decision to stay where i'm at but....oh well:p its my phone, not theirs lol.) :::turns around and looks at BLiNK::: :p

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm holding off, for now. Spent too much time tinkering to undo it. :)

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

ANTAEUZ

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I know this is not the right forum but can you tell me if we need to unjailbreak before we update? I have a 4s running 5.1
Thanks in advance!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know this is not the right forum but can you tell me if we need to unjailbreak before we update? I have a 4s running 5.1
Thanks in advance!

You need to make a backup because your phone needs to go to recovery mode and erase all data so it
can update on iTunes. Once it's done, you restore the backup. You cannot update OTA if jailbroken. You
will just keep getting errors.

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Currently on 3GS and want to upgrade to iOS 6 but scared that my old iPhone which is running great now will become sluggish. Will wait for a couple days to come to see what others are saying about the upgrade on 3GS like mine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro