Official counting down to iOS 6 forum party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iRy757

May 14, 2012
Visit site
That I don't know. Jailbroke once, had bad experiences. Never again! Lol

D'awh alright! Well thanks. Even if I lose the downloaded music, it's okay. But I just don't want to lose pics and contacts if I go OTA from a jailbreak.

Sent from my i4 using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
D'awh alright! Well thanks. Even if I lose the downloaded music, it's okay. But I just don't want to lose pics and contacts if I go OTA from a jailbreak.

Theoretically speaking updating should not affect your music. Definitely not your pics and contacts, but even if you used a jailbroken app the music "should" still be on there.

Reactions: iRy757

TonyG916

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
what's a clean install? my first time dealing with an OS update from apple. I have the 3rd gen iPad. do you recommend updating OTA or via Itunes? i'm currently backing up my iPad to iTunes at the moment. Thanks for you help in advance.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I almost always do a clean install with iTunes for a new OS. Otherwise I end up feeling like update cruft kludges up my battery life.

It's a huge hassle, but I do it.

My wife got her 4S two weeks ago. Think a clean install is needed? I am not even bothering with a clean install on mine (iPhone 4), since it will be in the mail to gazelle come Saturday...

Pics and contacts --> PhotoStream and iCould should have you covered.

what's worse? being stuck at work on keynote day or ios release day?

When they live streamed the video of the keynotes? Those days. But now? iOS release days!

I had an original iPod touch and the iPhone 4 is my first iPhone. When I set it up, I did new. Wondering on the best way to set up my 5. Anyone have experience with backups from iCloud? Should I do one final wired/iTunes backup of my 4 to transfer over?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR