Official counting down to iOS 6 forum party!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkillbill

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is it. Today's the day. If history is any indicator, iOS 6 should land at roughly 10am PDT/1pm EDT today. I'm hauling ass to get our review ready, but if you're waiting like we are, why not wait with us?

What's your favorite new feature? Find any awesome hidden gems? Are you going to update over the air or install clean with iTunes? Anyone feeling left out because their device isn't getting something?

There's so much to discuss! We'll get the rest of the writers and staff in here, maybe give away some more stuff, and in general have some fun.

So, hang out and shout out. Who's ready for iOS 6?
Multiple Signatures for different email accounts in iOS 6. Huge addition IMO.

MickBiel

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Any iPhone photographers in here? Are you excited about the new camera features in iOS 6? I can't wait to give them a run through.

/Mike Biel in Columbia, SC

kirkjonson

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
This is it. Today's the day. If history is any indicator, iOS 6 should land at roughly 10am PDT/1pm EDT today. I'm hauling ass to get our review ready, but if you're waiting like we are, why not wait with us?

What's your favorite new feature? Find any awesome hidden gems? Are you going to update over the air or install clean with iTunes? Anyone feeling left out because their device isn't getting something?

There's so much to discuss! We'll get the rest of the writers and staff in here, maybe give away some more stuff, and in general have some fun.

So, hang out and shout out. Who's ready for iOS 6?

I will be in the process of trading up an iPhone 4 for a 4s. I am on an iCloud and a prayer today so I hope everything goes well.... By the way, I would like to reward myself with downloading that Prometheus movie so winning a gift card today would be awesome!!!

MrNeilSA

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4s, the wife's iPhone 4, my sons iPhone 4, the family iPod and my second sons iPod touch are waiting for 7pm South African time!!

NanaJane

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

For some reason I can't reply to posts, but thanks to all that replied! I am so excited now! Hoping to get my very first iPhone on my updgrade date of Oct. 26th! Anyone know how to get a month early upgrade with Verizon, lemme know! Can't wait to have all my stuff on one operating system!

Anass_E3

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Waiting... Well im guessing the panorama will come to the 4S and im kinda looking forward to it and probabaly some of the slight UI changes n some more stuff i bet.

anon(1144891)

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

Bcloutier

Nov 11, 2008
Visit site
I already have iOS 6 on both my iPhone 4S and iPad 3. Lifehacker had an article up last week with the GM builds so I installed them. I did it last year and had no problems so I figured I'd do it again.

I've been really enjoying the Do Not Disturb feature at night, as it allows me to keep my ringer on just in case someone needs me. I used the new reject-a-call-and-text-back-immediately feature last night while at work. Pretty handy actually. Panorama looks cool, but with school I haven't had a chance to go out somewhere good and try it yet. Hopefully it works as well as Microsoft's panorama app.

I haven't had a chance to play around with navigation in the new Maps yet, as my new to me car has navigation built in, making my iPhone's nav not really needed. Maybe I'll put the two up against each other. See who is better: older Acura or brand new iPhone. Which do you think will be?

All in all, iOS 6 is a good improvement on iOS 5. Nothing ground breaking for me personally, but I still really enjoy some of the smaller features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner