Should I update my 4S to ios6 if I preordered the iPhone 5?

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I preordered the iPhone 5 (at 3:50 am eastern) but unfortunately the apple store indicates a delivery date of October 5. I am going to trade in the 4s when I receive the iphone5. I am planning to move everything from the 4s to the 5 via a restore backup from the icloud.

i was wondering whether if it makes sense to update the 4s to iOS 6 when it becomes available based on the foregoing. Could you please explain why or why not? What are the advantages or disadvantages of doing so. Thanks.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would not bother, I can't see the value or reason for the effort. Just to use it for a day or two?

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would not bother, I can't see the value or reason for the effort. Just to use it for a day or two?

I will have the old phone for several weeks before I receive the new one. Is there any advantage to update to ios6 on the 4s since to load all my stuff to the 5, I will do a backup restore?

iLoveApple16

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I would upgrade it to iOS 6. It'll give you a chance to play around with the new features for two weeks before you get your iPhone 5. Plus, though I'm not sure if this is true, it'll make using your backup for your new iPhone easier since it'll be a backup using iOS 6 which is what comes already loaded on the iPhone 5.

ECGcrackberry

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I would upgrade it to iOS 6. It'll give you a chance to play around with the new features for two weeks before you get your iPhone 5. Plus, though I'm not sure if this is true, it'll make using your backup for your new iPhone easier since it'll be a backup using iOS 6 which is what comes already loaded on the iPhone 5.

Thank you. That was exactly what I was thinking.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2