hi! how's your iOS 6 battery life?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i'd have to say considering how many more things I now have in my notification center plus my alerts, I feel that my battery life is pretty good!! This was just from when I updated to iOS 6 on Friday & then charged up full immediately. I've then let it run completely out and recharged again so I'll see how batt life goes with this cycle now.

In this ss a lot of this usage was setting/tweaking & exploring the new iOS plus dwlding a few new apps and setting those up as well, along with my normal daily usage!

View attachment 22569

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Pink you seem to be on wifi and have excellent Verizon 3g signal. That could be when you have such great battery life. I never had an issue with my 4s and battery life. I think we need to take into account whether one is using wifi and at what signal strength.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed my battery life is stellar on Wi-Fi, yet not as great on 3G. On 3G or LTE I lose about 1 percent every 2-3 mins. Is this normal on every iPhone and iOS?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I think we need to take into account whether one is using wifi and at what signal strength.

exactly. technically people should be posting their Cellular Usage > Cellular Network Data as well

i bet you anything the people with "excellent" battery performance have low cellular data used

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed my battery life is stellar on Wi-Fi, yet not as great on 3G. On 3G or LTE I lose about 1 percent every 2-3 mins. Is this normal on every iPhone and iOS?

I would say that is normal. I lose about 1% every 3 minutes on my S3 and I think I get great battery life. That comes out to about 20% loss per hour and that's with screen in and doing stuff. So compared to the iPhone 5 battery size that's probably incredible.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
9avyha4e.jpg

CPUGEEK

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
i get about about a day and a few hours on a charge and thats with moderate use and wifi at home during the evening. You people also have to know, when apple say u get so and so battery life thats without any wifi, notifications, gps, roaming etc. When you use those fucntions it takes away from your battery time

rdrum

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
The only problems I've experienced with my battery have been a slightly faster drain after installing a corporate email/calendar client, and it hasn't even been THAT bad. I cycle my battery at least once per month and despite keeping wifi on pretty much all the time, I have no complaints.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234