hi! how's your iOS 6 battery life?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My iP4S holds charge like a sieve holds water. I've gone thru and turned off everything to try and save battery power but it just dies super quick. Did the reboot, reloaded the software but I've had to charge it three times today and normally it needs to hit the charger 2/3 of the way thru the day.

Actually never have been impressed with the batt life of this compared to my BB 9650 but since 90% of the rest of the phone was amazing, I looked past it...getting depressed:confused:

2 things i may suggest:

1) try resetting all settings [Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings]
*you will need to reconfigure most of your settings but may be worth it (check your email settings too)

Or...

2) restore device and Setup as New iPhone (No Backup)
i suggest doing this and using your device for a little bit before loading a backup back onto the device so you can rule out some sort of wonky backup. you may want to just set it up fresh anyways

FYI: i Setup as New when the GM was released and had 0 issues with battery performance (iPhone 4S)

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My iP4S holds charge like a sieve holds water. I've gone thru and turned off everything to try and save battery power but it just dies super quick. Did the reboot, reloaded the software but I've had to charge it three times today and normally it needs to hit the charger 2/3 of the way thru the day.

Actually never have been impressed with the batt life of this compared to my BB 9650 but since 90% of the rest of the phone was amazing, I looked past it...getting depressed:confused:

I agree with blink, although I hate setting up as new. I was having same issues as you and that fixed them. It's a pain if you have a lot of apps. Make sure to save all pix and messages to your computer first. Good luck!!!

sibebabe

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be holding up well for me. I need to be good about doing a full cycle once a month with this phone I was terrible with that with my 4.

cctpitts01

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Just an update cannot complain, what I suggest is that anyone having an issue do a complete restore (I know it SUCKS!) but whenever there is an update I just make sure my contacts and pics are backed up and don't care about anything else and restore back to factory to avoid any bugs. I originally backed up from iOS 5.1.1 and update to 6.0 and accidentally restored and battery seemed to drain fast so I immediately went back and did a fresh install and it has been PERFECTLY fine.

View attachment 19191

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Man, I really don't want to restore as a completely new phone, especially because I don't even know if that is going to fix all my woes

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
IOS 6, OTA install, iPhone 4:

Battery life seems to have plummeted at about the speed of Facebook stock. My settings are the same for before the 'upgrade' (and this includes disabling some of the new 'features' - like Passbook and its location service), but I can literally watch the percentage drop as I'm messing about on the device. A little over 12 hours - mostly on standby - and it was at 10%. This was not an issue for the OS 5 upgrade on this phone.

That said, battery life concerns seem to be constant with any initial Apple OS upgrade - be it iOS or OS X - and I'm not sure why Apple hasn't resolved that yet. It always seems to have to be fixed in a patch (sorry, Apple - 'update') later.

Meanwhile, my iPad 2? Also an OTA upgrade but battery life seems fine. Meter barely budges.

My story is almost about the same. Phone is getting extremely TERRIBLE battery usage. Like, less than 3 hours, terrible. On my iPad 2 on the other hand, no issues at all

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
This whole 'do a backup, then restore, set up as a new phone and then restore the backup' lark - ideally while connected to your computer - rather defeats the promise offered in iOS 5 that the device is now a stand-alone product, able to seamlessly update, upgrade and operate via OTA installs and the iCloud.
Apple is (mostly) fine as a hardware provider, but wow, their software - be it built-in to the iOS as half-baked (see Siri, Maps, Mail, et al) or it's implementation (like getting it to users in a form that doesn't break things) is terrible.

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
This whole 'do a backup, then restore, set up as a new phone and then restore the backup' lark - ideally while connected to your computer - rather defeats the promise offered in iOS 5 that the device is now a stand-alone product, able to seamlessly update, upgrade and operate via OTA installs and the iCloud.
Apple is (mostly) fine as a hardware provider, but wow, their software - be it built-in to the iOS as half-baked (see Siri, Maps, Mail, et al) or it's implementation (like getting it to users in a form that doesn't break things) is terrible.

Well, I actually did completely reset my entire phone, but when I set it up instead of setting it up as a 'New Phone" I restored from back-up. That is what many users are saying is my problem. It could be, I just didn't want to go through all that, probably will through, because 3hrs of usage is completely ridiculous

DJLILM

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah today was the first full test of the battery and well I can tell its some improvement from 5.1

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
my suggestion to the people who are upset about iOS 6 battery performance would be to try it after you do a Restore as New Device for a little while. IF that still does not do it for you then just restore back to a recent backup. of course it is a PIA to setup everything afterwards but can be worth it in the end

just as a reminder; we are getting very close to Apple closing the 5.1.1 window and people will have no choice but to stay on iOS 6

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
e5ygydu7.jpg
Not bad here

Sent from my iPhone on using Tapatalk

meskin84

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing worked, restoring as back-up, restoring as a new phone, nothing. Oh well, I need a new device anyway and here is my reason!