Ok, the iPhone5 has a taller screen. It runs older apps fine despite the fact that you will have two ugly black bars in the top and bottom of the screen.

But what about the apps creted with the iPhone5 screen in mind? How will they run on the older iPhones? Will developers have to create 2 versions of each app?
    09-12-2012 02:39 PM
    Ok, the iPhone5 has a taller screen. It runs older apps fine despite the fact that you will have two ugly black bars in the top and bottom of the screen.

But what about the apps creted with the iPhone5 screen in mind? How will they run on the older iPhones? Will developers have to create 2 versions of each app?
    I'm curious about this too. For this reason, I actually held off on getting the iPad 3 (I was already on the fence). If the next iPad uses the new resolution, I rather wait for it if it'll use the new dimension.

However, it's now about writing a completely new app for a different resolution, it's more about supporting the new resolutions. Think of it like going from the 3GS to the 4, new resolution meant adding support for the new feature to really shine.
    09-13-2012 01:12 AM
    Yes. Fragmentation begins today.
    09-13-2012 03:32 AM
    Fragmentation has been around for awhile.
    09-13-2012 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD