Iphone 5 IOS?

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Will the Iphone 5 have the IOS6 software that we are rocking on our Iphone 4s?

If so, I hope Apple doesn't fall down the same hole RIM did in getting over confident in their concept.

Dont get me wrong....Ill be camping out for the Iphone 5 but if the only big difference is a bigger screen and 4G then that is gonna disappoint allot of people....Yeah tons of people bought the 4S but imagine how many more would buy it if it had some noticeable physical differences,,

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Will the Iphone 5 have the IOS6 software that we are rocking on our Iphone 4s?

If so, I hope Apple doesn't fall down the same hole RIM did in getting over confident in their concept.

Dont get me wrong....Ill be camping out for the Iphone 5 but if the only big difference is a bigger screen and 4G then that is gonna disappoint allot of people....Yeah tons of people bought the 4S but imagine how many more would buy it if it had some noticeable physical differences,,

That's the plan... create the new iOS version and then put it on the new device.

With regard to your second comment, Apple is expecting to sell 10 million of the new phone in the first week... so I doubt it will be a bust.

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Im not expecting a bust at all....Im just saying people will end up getting bored quick if the "next phone" only has minimal differences from the last phone... And that was a big part of RIM's demise....

Like I said, Im camping out.....

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Im not expecting a bust at all....Im just saying people will end up getting bored quick if the "next phone" only has minimal differences from the last phone... And that was a big part of RIM's demise....

Like I said, Im camping out.....

That is pretty much Apple's method... slow and steady, incremental updates... I understand what you're saying, but history has proven their method to be sound, popular and immensely profitable... There are some voices here and elsewhere that claim Apple's iDevice/iOS updates are too slow, even "boring"... but even they continue to buy them.

There are literally hundreds of Androids, each with their own fragmented variation on the "standard" (whatever that is), so there are options... but it comes back to the almost cliche Apple stuff "just works".

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
5 years ago nobody would have thought Blackberry would be what it is today...

I want Apple to succeed, I just think they need some variety...

Even like a mini Iphone, mini Ipd touches....

Different shapes, colors, etc.....

Adding cool stuff to the current IOS is fine, hardware needs some variety.....

IMO

DomFeeney

Oct 12, 2008
Visit site
First iPhone. Then major change for iPhone 3G which stayed for 2 years. Then major change to iPhone 4 platform which again has done two years. That means iPhone 5 if we follow history should be a big change. An iPhone 4S with a stretched taller screen isn't a big change.....

I will be sticking with the 4s if that is the case, and then will really need something new. I'm used to changing my phone each year. Having had the 4 series design for 2 years and soon to potentially be three is just ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk