Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    mstiffany7#IM's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Question "Do Not Disturb" not working?

    Has anyone experienced problems with "Do Not Disturb" not working and still allowing calls to come in?
  2. #2  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,272 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default

    Have you checked your settings to make sure you don't have call allowed?
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    mstiffany7#IM's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Have you checked your settings to make sure you don't have call allowed?
    Yes I have definitely checked and confirmed all of my settings. It used to work when I was using Beta 3...
  4. #4  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,272 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mstiffany7 View Post
    Yes I have definitely checked and confirmed all of my settings. It used to work when I was using Beta 3...
    I allow my calls so I can't confirm whether its a bug or not. Try a hard reset or maybe even even attempt a restore.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    mstiffany7#IM's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I allow my calls so I can't confirm whether its a bug or not. Try a hard reset or maybe even even attempt a restore.
    Will do! Thank you!!
  6. #6  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default

    i just checked mine and it works as it should
  7. #7  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,535 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,623 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

    Default

    Mine works fine, unless I am using the phone while DnD is turned on.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
  8. #8  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default

    good point. i wonder if the OP knows that DND is for when the device is in sleep mode
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    mstiffany7#IM's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    good point. i wonder if the OP knows that DND is for when the device is in sleep mode
    Ohhh, I see! I wonder that too! I am going to do a few tests and check it out.
  10. #10  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mstiffany7 View Post
    Ohhh, I see! I wonder that too! I am going to do a few tests and check it out.
    haha ok. let us know, we'll be patiently waiting
  11. #11  
    EW800#AC's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default

    In regard to the Do Not Disturb feature, would anyone be able to tell me if it is possible to set the phone to ring when called, however all other alerts are silenced? My nature of my job, I have to have the phone available to ring all night long, but will want no audible notifications of texts, e-mail's and so on. Is it possible to only have phone calls make any noise?

    Thanks!
  12. #12  
    kch50428's Avatar

    Posts
    11,025 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0

    Default

    you can do the opposite... you will be able to set up certain contacts to always ring through when 'do not disturb' mode is active.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
  13. #13  
    BLiNK's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,280 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EW8000 View Post
    In regard to the Do Not Disturb feature, would anyone be able to tell me if it is possible to set the phone to ring when called, however all other alerts are silenced? My nature of my job, I have to have the phone available to ring all night long, but will want no audible notifications of texts, e-mail's and so on. Is it possible to only have phone calls make any noise?

    Thanks!
    yep, this is exactly what Do Not Disturb does. you can set phone calls for none, phone book only or all calls. however, when set to none if the same number calls twice within a certain amount of time it will go thru the second time

    keep in mind Do Not Disturb only works as advertised when the device is in sleep mode
  14. #14  
    EW800#AC's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    43 Posts
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

    Default

    Thanks, guys. In my case, it has to be any and all calls to come through. I won't be able to set it to just have certain calls come through, as it could be from literally a couple of hundred numbers that call, with very few being in my contacts. From what it sounds like, I should be able to do this.

    Thanks much!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions