Maps Redirecting?

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I am excited about the new Maps in iOS6 however, I am wondering If I get turned around and go a wrong direction or miss a turn, will the new maps app redirect itself/me?

Basically I am wondering because with the current Maps app, if I miss a turn or head the wrong direction I have to quickly re-route myself - which can be a huge pain if I am in an area that I am unfamiliar with.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a beta tester of iOS6, so I can't say for sure, but to leave a route recalculation feature out of their new app would be horrendously stupid when existing apps do it quite well... Navigon, Garmin StreetPilot to name two that reroute on the fly.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't agree more!
However, I would have thought though that would have been fixed long before that too!
It's really inconvienent and the biggest downfall I think to the maps app now.

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does. It works very well. It's powered by TomTom..

Wonderful!
Thank you very much!
Also, do you know if you have to use Siri? Like can I just use it like I would now if I felt like it and if so will the "steps" move themselves? Because (i'm sure you know) as it is now, if I want Maps to give me step by step directions I have to hit "next" at each turn/merge

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
No you don't need to use Siri. As this will be available for the Ip4 which does not have Siri.. You just put in your destination and it will take you there. You don't have to intervene!! Make soure to use with a car charger,as it uses a lot of power.

P.S It Works pretty much like any stand alone GPS.

Last edited:

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
No you don't need to use Siri. As this will be available for the Ip4 which does not have Siri.. You just put in your destination and it will take you there. You don't have to intervene!! Make soure to use with a car charger,as it uses a lot of power.

P.S It Works pretty much like any stand alone GPS.

Fantastic! Thank you for the help!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR