Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default iOS 6 = Awesumeness

UPDATE - PLEASE READ!

I will not be posting anymore pictures of iOS 6 Beta 4. If a Beta 5 comes out, I might post some pictures of that version. If GM is released, I will not post only pictures, but details about the features of iOS 6 in a new topic. Thank you for the interest of my thread. I am very pleased this has become the Most Hottest Thread and also The Most Viewed Thread. Again, thank you!

NetworkLabs
    This post was last updated on 08-18-2012 at 09:19 PM CENTRAL TIME

Since I have a Jailbroken iPod touch 4G, I backed up my SHSH Blobs and decided that I would upgrade to iOS 6 and give her a try. I cannot wait for the latest upgrade, and I am going to show you some of the awesomeness right now!

Here's some images -

More are to come soon! I will show the areas of modifications later on. This is just for now.
    Last edited by NetworkLabs; 08-22-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

i do agree it is AWESOME but there are several threads/discussions about it already
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Well, I wanted to post my option about it. So that's why I made this thread. So I can post what I find, in case others miss this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

I downgraded to iOS 5.1.1 just to be sure I could. So I will be upgrading to iOS 6 Beta 4 to get all the features.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

I will soon be posting some pictures of the new iPhone Operating System 6! So please be watching!
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

New pictures have been uploaded and posted! I will be showing the areas of modifications soon!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

What's so special about iOS 6 again? It looks like every other version of iOS that came before it with a few new apps and toggle switches. Same boring grid of icons that present minimal, if any, real information. How anyone can call this awesome is beyond my comprehension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    redbeard (08-21-2012)
    redbeard likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Paradocks View Post
    What's so special about iOS 6 again? It looks like every other version of iOS that came before it with a few new apps and toggle switches. Same boring grid of icons that present minimal, if any, real information. How anyone can call this awesome is beyond my comprehension.

I'm taking it you haven't loaded it....

Global Posts
    11,882 Global Posts
    iOS Version

what's special is that it's not android... how anyone can call android awesome is just as incomprehensible to me...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Dryland and Avenged110 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Seriously, why does the weather app icon always show sunny and 73 degrees? You'd think by now Apple would figure out a way to show live weather info from the home screen icon without having to launch the app itself. A more interactive and visually exciting springboard would be an "awesome" change, but instead we still get "blah."

redbeard likes this.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

I will be posting more information soon. I am currently back on iOS 5.1.1 and will be getting a friend to use there iPad 3 if possible.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

No io6+jealbreak= is much better
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Seriously, why does the weather app icon always show sunny and 73 degrees? You'd think by now Apple would figure out a way to show live weather info from the home screen icon without having to launch the app itself. A more interactive and visually exciting springboard would be an "awesome" change, but instead we still get "blah."

Live weather from the homescreen falls into the widget category which is something that I don't see happening within iOS.
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Well, I would not imagine Apple putting a Weather Widget on iPhone and iPod, but maybe on iPad 2/3?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Rose View Post
    Live weather from the homescreen falls into the widget category which is something that I don't see happening within iOS.
    Then doesn't the calendar icon fall into the same widget category? I mean, it changes to display the current day and date. It is not static like the weather icon. How hard would it be to show a different weather picture and temperature on the weather icon depending on either current conditions or forecast?

Sent from somewhere
    redbeard likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Then doesn't the calendar icon fall into the same widget category? I mean, it changes to display the current day and date. It is not static like the weather icon. How hard would it be to show a different weather picture and temperature on the weather icon depending on either current conditions or forecast?

Sent from somewhere
    I would only consider the current calendar icon to be a partial widget. If you have ever used a Android device you would see how much better their Calendar widget is. I don't know what it would take for Apple to do this, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 08-20-2012 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Typo
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NetworkLabs View Post
    Well, I would not imagine Apple putting a Weather Widget on iPhone and iPod, but maybe on iPad 2/3?
    I would think if Apple were to ever do something like widgets they would do it on the iPhone as well given the amount of people that use an iPhone.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Well, with iOS 6 and the possible release of the iPhone 5, they might. Because the reason Android probably has Widgets is due to there usually big screens. Now, when iPhone 5 comes out, all that might change.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Well, with iOS 6 and the possible release of the iPhone 5, they might. Because the reason Android probably has Widgets is due to there usually big screens. Now, when iPhone 5 comes out, all that might change.
    I'm not seeing any widgets in any of the beta versions in iOS 6, so unless something changes between now and the release I'd say get used to much of the same.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    292 Global Posts

I would only consider the current calendar icon to be a partial widget. If you have ever used a Android device you would see how much better their Calendar widget is. I don't know what it would take for Apple to do this, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Ah well, tis nice to dream. Thanks for your input!

Sent from somewhere
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

I'm not seeing any widgets in any of the beta versions in iOS 6, so unless something changes between now and the release I'd say get used to much of the same.
    Well, true. I didn't think about iOS 6 already being in beta form and not having widgets... But then, I just realized something. We already have a Widget system! The Notification Center! If you look under Notifications under Settings, you'll see Weather Widget. So technically, we already have one in iOS 5. I will see about iOS 6 in a few.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts

Screen size has nothing to do with widgets. Android has had them since screen sizes were same as the iPhone, some even smaller. Just an advantage in androids favor. I use both this HTC Rezound 4G LTE I am typing this on and my iPhone 4. Both have good n bad versus the other.

I agree Apple needs to be more innovative with ios as it is boring. Very stable and user friendly, but boring. With that said, I am looking forward to the newest iPhone, hopefully with Verizon's 4G LTE in tow!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    redbeard likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

Well, true. I didn't think about iOS 6 already being in beta form and not having widgets... But then, I just realized something. We already have a Widget system! The Notification Center! If you look under Notifications under Settings, you'll see Weather Widget. So technically, we already have one in iOS 5. I will see about iOS 6 in a few.
    Don't get the "notification center" confused with widgets, as these two are definitely not the same. Sorry to disagree with you here, but having the weather inside the notification center is not a widget, IMHO.
    redbeard likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    609 Global Posts

Don't get the "notification center" confused with widgets, as these two are definitely not the same. Sorry to disagree with you here, but having the weather inside the notification center is not a widget, IMHO.
    I used Android for years before I finally got fed up with the lag, restarts, instability and fragmentation and switched to iOS. I never missed the widgets, in fact, I hate widgets, I so much prefer widgets in the notification center because I only see it when I want to see it, not all the time in my face as it is the case with Android.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts

No need for android widgets to be "in your face" all the time. It is up to you if you load widgets on the home screens.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    redbeard (08-21-2012)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast