iOS 6 = Awesumeness

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE - PLEASE READ!

I will not be posting anymore pictures of iOS 6 Beta 4. If a Beta 5 comes out, I might post some pictures of that version. If GM is released, I will not post only pictures, but details about the features of iOS 6 in a new topic. Thank you for the interest of my thread. I am very pleased this has become the Most Hottest Thread and also The Most Viewed Thread. Again, thank you!

NetworkLabs
This post was last updated on 08-18-2012 at 09:19 PM CENTRAL TIME

Since I have a Jailbroken iPod touch 4G, I backed up my SHSH Blobs and decided that I would upgrade to iOS 6 and give her a try. I cannot wait for the latest upgrade, and I am going to show you some of the awesomeness right now!

Here's some images -

IMG_0001.png

IMG_0003.png

IMG_0004.png

IMG_0005.png

IMG_0006.png

IMG_0007.png

More are to come soon! I will show the areas of modifications later on. This is just for now.

Last edited:

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
What's so special about iOS 6 again? It looks like every other version of iOS that came before it with a few new apps and toggle switches. Same boring grid of icons that present minimal, if any, real information. How anyone can call this awesome is beyond my comprehension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: redbeard

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What's so special about iOS 6 again? It looks like every other version of iOS that came before it with a few new apps and toggle switches. Same boring grid of icons that present minimal, if any, real information. How anyone can call this awesome is beyond my comprehension.

I'm taking it you haven't loaded it....

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

what's special is that it's not android... how anyone can call android awesome is just as incomprehensible to me... :D

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, why does the weather app icon always show sunny and 73 degrees? You'd think by now Apple would figure out a way to show live weather info from the home screen icon without having to launch the app itself. A more interactive and visually exciting springboard would be an "awesome" change, but instead we still get "blah."

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I will be posting more information soon. I am currently back on iOS 5.1.1 and will be getting a friend to use there iPad 3 if possible.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, why does the weather app icon always show sunny and 73 degrees? You'd think by now Apple would figure out a way to show live weather info from the home screen icon without having to launch the app itself. A more interactive and visually exciting springboard would be an "awesome" change, but instead we still get "blah."

Live weather from the homescreen falls into the widget category which is something that I don't see happening within iOS.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Live weather from the homescreen falls into the widget category which is something that I don't see happening within iOS.

Then doesn't the calendar icon fall into the same widget category? I mean, it changes to display the current day and date. It is not static like the weather icon. How hard would it be to show a different weather picture and temperature on the weather icon depending on either current conditions or forecast?

Sent from somewhere

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Then doesn't the calendar icon fall into the same widget category? I mean, it changes to display the current day and date. It is not static like the weather icon. How hard would it be to show a different weather picture and temperature on the weather icon depending on either current conditions or forecast?

Sent from somewhere

I would only consider the current calendar icon to be a partial widget. If you have ever used a Android device you would see how much better their Calendar widget is. I don't know what it would take for Apple to do this, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Last edited:

NetworkLabs

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, with iOS 6 and the possible release of the iPhone 5, they might. Because the reason Android probably has Widgets is due to there usually big screens. Now, when iPhone 5 comes out, all that might change.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, with iOS 6 and the possible release of the iPhone 5, they might. Because the reason Android probably has Widgets is due to there usually big screens. Now, when iPhone 5 comes out, all that might change.

I'm not seeing any widgets in any of the beta versions in iOS 6, so unless something changes between now and the release I'd say get used to much of the same.

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I would only consider the current calendar icon to be a partial widget. If you have ever used a Android device you would see how much better their Calendar widget is. I don't know what it would take for Apple to do this, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Ah well, tis nice to dream. Thanks for your input!

Sent from somewhere

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox