good read about ios and apples "eliminating of google in ios6"

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No, this "war" is not hurting iOS. It's making Google provide iOS apps that actually will be better than what Google does for IOS now.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
No, this "war" is not hurting iOS. It's making Google provide iOS apps that actually will be better than what Google does for IOS now.

Its not making Google do anything. They are providing the apps but nothing to say that the apps won't suck as much as previous baked in versions did.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Its not making Google do anything. They are providing the apps but nothing to say that the apps won't suck as much as previous baked in versions did.

Google would be foolish to make a crappy iOS app. They need the revenue that iOS users generate in their business model. Google making piss-poor iOS apps will be the beginning of their own demise.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Google would be foolish to make a crappy iOS app. They need the revenue that iOS users generate in their business model. Google making piss-poor iOS apps will be the beginning of their own demise.

They still have search which is their big revenue stream.

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
...which includes IOS users - and if they make a crappy app, and iOS users just quit using Google all together, what happens to that big search revenue stream?

I have to agree with this point. iOS has many google features that just aren't living up to its potential. With the YouTube license expiring google has to provide an app that iOS will want to license. It's driving competition and at the end of the day consumers will benefit, either with a stock iOS app or one available in the AppStore.

Sent from my Jailbroken Facebook Machine using Tapatalk

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with this point. iOS has many google features that just aren't living up to its potential. With the YouTube license expiring google has to provide an app that iOS will want to license. It's driving competition and at the end of the day consumers will benefit, either with a stock iOS app or one available in the AppStore.

Do you think? I thought Google didn't like Apple but I might be wrong. They pushed out Chrome pretty quickly. It was successful and I think that's what Apple wants. Why wouldn't they want that?

Any way, if the end result is not better, I don't see how I can trust Apple when all decisions are for themselves and not the consumer. What SK I care of Apple has it own Map app?

I'm guessing that they had to if the wanted it to be integrated with Siri?

Last edited:

Sharma15

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Siri is integrated with Google's maps app if you are Jailbroken. There is a tweak called Aloud and it reads out directions for maps. You have to click next for it to continue to read the directions but that's a limitation of the tweak/maps app.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Do you think? I thought Google didn't like Apple but I might be wrong. They pushed out Chrome pretty quickly. It was successful and I think that's what Apple wants. Why wouldn't they want that?

Any way, if the end result is not better, I don't see how I can trust Apple when all decisions are for themselves and not the consumer. What SK I care of Apple has it own Map app?

I'm guessing that they had to if the wanted it to be integrated with Siri?

Since when has Apple ever done anything that was pro-consumer? Everything they do is for what they believe, not you. Jobs even said that consumers don't know what they want until it's given to them. Back to your cave you go...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Siri loves Google. Either way when the apps come out it will shoot up to #1 just like Chrome.

Are aware of the fact that Google has their own mobile OS? They have licensed it to several hardware manufacturers that sell their devices as "android" phones... It might be a good fit for anyone who is distraught about the direction of iOS... especially if they are Google fans. I hear their map software even has public transportation features... and that they also offer baked-in YouTube support. Maybe you ought to check it out...

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure that when Google makes a good enough phone, the majority if users will switch. I mean, Google is a mobile superpower now. If since their inception they've come this far, think where they'll be in the next 5 years!

They've even got Apple shaking in their little cowboy boots. But it's not just Apple. Everyone wants the next iPhone to live up to the Samsung name. This Fall is going to be very interesting.

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure that when Google makes a good enough phone, the majority if users will switch. I mean, Google is a mobile superpower now. If since their inception they've come this far, think where they'll be in the next 5 years!

They've even got Apple shaking in their little cowboy boots. But it's not just Apple. Everyone wants the next iPhone to live up to the Samsung name. This Fall is going to be very interesting.

Google doesn't make phones. They never have. The license their OS and other people make it. Not even their Nexus lines are made by them. We imagine in 5 years you'll still be trolling.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
We can all agree that the youtube app sucked. Apple isn't stupid. I'm guessing they have something planned at least for uploading video. Guess which mobile device ranks high on photo sites or for video? Guess who'd like to leverage that?

Um.. Android devices and Apple? Am I right?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I feel like its hurting users more than Google. We lose great Google services and get stuck with Apple's new crap. That maps app is terrible compared to the existing app. Tons of missing roads and places. Terrible decisions, in my opinion. Apple is not looking out for the consumer with these moves.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I feel like its hurting users more than Google. We lose great Google services and get stuck with Apple's new crap. That maps app is terrible compared to the existing app. Tons of missing roads and places. Terrible decisions, in my opinion. Apple is not looking out for the consumer with these moves.

So download the maps and YouTube app from the App Store when google releases it this fall....duh.

Lucky8

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
i think this is a good move not only do you get google making the apps they can update them whenever they want and not have to wait for an ios update to make slight changes to the apps.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
So download the maps and YouTube app from the App Store when google releases it this fall....duh.

If I ever wanted to use Siri with Maps, it wouldn't work right with the new Apple maps. But since I won't be using Siri anyway I suppose it doesn't matter.

I'll hide Apple maps and then put Google maps on it, that should work. That's if I find a need to even update to it. I don't like the Facebook integration. I hate Facebook, and all of those call features is overdoing it. I might as well just stay on iOS5.

Now given that the new iPhone looks good and is worth buying, put iOS5 on the new iPhone.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2