- 08-08-2012, 05:03 AM #51
- 08-08-2012, 08:29 AM #52
- 08-08-2012, 09:27 AM #53
I have found the web version to be more functional than than the native app which hasn't changed much since it was introduced. With full screen mode enabled and the phone held in landscape mode the experience is much better IMO. I like the fact that I don't have to rotate back to portrait mode between videos. And the sharing options work fantastic. There really is no need for a native app for iOS. The only bug I found is that AirPlay isn't working when trying to steam a video to my Apple TV. However again this is beta software so I am sure that will be resolved when the software goes GM.
- 08-08-2012, 10:41 AM #54
I think they should take out the Weather app next. There is no need for it. Their partnership with Yahoo is over and the app hasn't changed in forever.
They really should not have that app either if you want to be fair. And should also not be allowed access to google if you want to be fair. If you want to search google, you should get a google phone.
It's only fair.
Last edited by motoleo; 08-08-2012 at 10:43 AM.
- 08-08-2012, 10:51 AM #56
The next thing they should get rid of is stocks as well, they don't get their own information. People said the used to use that app but I guess things have changed are you still using Newstand or did you find at third party for that too now?
- 08-08-2012, 11:35 AM #57
Last edited by kch50428; 08-08-2012 at 11:44 AM.
- 08-08-2012, 11:57 AM #59
- 08-08-2012, 12:11 PM #60
- 08-08-2012, 01:25 PM #61iMore Specialist
- 1,383 Posts
These threads went from useful information about iOS 6 to a "iPhone vs. Other Phones" and continued nonsense. I left the Apple Forums hoping to find more here, and for a while I have, but the forum is sliding down to troll fighting.
Time for a clean up and I think time to just ignore posts from Trolls and let it die out and stick to the topic.
Just my 2cents.
- 08-08-2012, 01:32 PM #62
- 08-08-2012, 01:37 PM #63
But that doesn't mean that I should get another phone. I like most of iOS but not all of it.
There's no need for this whole walled garden idealism. Every users different.
Last edited by motoleo; 08-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.
- 08-10-2012, 10:16 PM #65
Have a solution cut out for a troll of idiosyncratic span - which troll was willing to pay 2000$ for a product he despises made by a company he loathes.
4 easy steps :
- Keep your actual iPhone - do not upgrade.
- Buy the new iPhone - they'll surely release a 320GB version to meet your price.
- Use the camera on the new iPhone to film your actual iPhone while it's playing the video you wanna watch on YouTube. Also film when you're uploading videos to your account for your mongrel friends to enjoy, if you like. I guess you could even film going into the app, if that gets you on. (Yeah, I know, it's going to be a crappy camera on a crappy iPhone Turbo Swing - because you and I KNOW what it's gonna be called, do we, do we?? - but you shouldn't care much about that, since you're already loathing your everyday use of YouTube on the crappy screen of your actual crappy iPhone. And it will give you more fuel to post here and make our day!)
- Playback the video. Enjoy!
Oh yeah, and by the way, I really use every single one of the stock apps. Except App Store and iTunes. Didn't even know what those were for before reading threads here. Can marvel for hours just by watching the weather pass by in the Weather app. Newstand is so much a part of my life. Couldn't live without Compass neither, as I find it hard to locate my own house in a 10 meters radius.
Since I come here, I went on App Store a couple of time... Couldn't find ANY app that could replace the stock ones and do a hundred times better. Of course, I'm crying myself to sleep every single night since I heard that You Tube would not be a stock app on iOS6.
... God... I'm dizzy... got... to... read... something... sane... NOW!
- 08-10-2012, 10:55 PM #66iMore Specialist
- 1,383 Posts
- Moderation to keep the threads on topic, or the topic is closed.
- More moderators if needed to makes sure this continues.
- Have moderators or staff start more discussions on topic.
- Not sure if there is one here, need to look but add a report button if topic is too far off, so someone can come and put it back on track.
- Warn people who come here to just rip on Apple products that this is not the scope of this forum.
- 08-10-2012, 10:57 PM #67
You might as well just ban me because there's no way I can come on here and speak the truth. You don't know how many straight insults I've gotten and yet I'm the troll.
I'm not going to lie and say that I was happy that we were losing a good stock app. I'm going to tell the truth- I didn't like that. But that's too much for too many people in the Apple communities. If I say I didn't like it, that automatically means I'm an Apple hater. I say I like it and automatically I'm a senseless fanboy. I will just say that you seriously need to watch your immaturity on this board, it's a lesson that goes all the way back to preschool. Literally, I knew that since I was six years old.
This is an open area to talk about whatever we'd like. So I don't understand why I can't say that I didn't like what happened. And I'm not a parrot, so what am I to do?
- 08-10-2012, 11:47 PM #68
- 08-11-2012, 12:01 AM #70
- 08-11-2012, 12:19 AM #71
2. You were in pre-school at 6? A little late. It's not as if you're so mature yourself.
3. Stop whining. People do complain about features, bugs, incompatibilities, and other related issues and we try to help them. Not you. You cry about everything and don't let up. You're like a child always asking why why why. Apple knows what they're doing. We all knew apple was going to replace google maps and google is going to release an app to mitigate that. While YouTube was unexpected to me, google has said they are going to release an app. Guess what, your world isn't collapsing. Get over it.
- 08-11-2012, 12:23 AM #72
- 08-11-2012, 01:10 AM #73
Last edited by motoleo; 08-11-2012 at 01:13 AM.
- 08-11-2012, 03:13 AM #74
- 08-11-2012, 08:00 AM #75