Beta 4 bugs and feedback

Scatabrain

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The new iPad working great. iPhone 4S however rebooting, getting hot, apps crashing since update.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
In beta 3 I was able to use FaceTime over 3G, while others weren't. Now I am not able to. I don't care though because everyone I used it with said it looked terrible over 3G.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else not able to get to the OTA update? I downloaded it and can do a restore, but have not as I have been trying to see why the OTA is not working.

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
The title is pretty self explanatory, I don't know if it is a bug or something that has happened before!!!
Anyone else have this happen?

Recap: When I plug my phone into iTunes my text tone will change from calypso to the default Tri-Tone.
I literally have to change it back after I plug my phone in!!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I gotta say that beta 4 has been pretty good. In 3 days of use on my 4S and iPad 3, I have yet to run into
any sort of issues. Not even some lag of any sort. It's been quite a pleasure using this coming from beta
1 to beta 4. I don't see myself going back to 5.1.1 anymore unless there are some unforeseen circumstances.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Bugs:

*Safari in this build, still sucks. I frequently get dead tabs in which pages appear to be loading (progress bar), but then never actually load until I crash safari, kill it in the multitasking tray and try again. (I have this issue on the iPhone 4S and the third generation iPad)

*The music app has this persisting problem where it won't have album artwork when using iTunes Match. All of the Albums in my iTunes have album artwork, but some are missing when using an iOS device. (I have this issue on the iPhone 4S and the third generation iPad)

In addition, the Music app has lost the ability to count when using iTunes Match. In artist view the app will say I have (insert random number of albums here) when in actuality, I only have one. (I have this issue on the iPhone 4S and the third generation iPad)

*Finally on the iPhone I still have the ambient light sensor bug that makes the screen unusually bright, even though the light in the room hasn't changed.

Overall, I would say that his has been the most stable and least buggy update but there is still work to be done.

Last edited:

Gooster

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure what I did, but when I tried to check mail on my phone over 3G I get:

"Cannot Get Mail -- No Internet connection available."

Edit: Fixed with a reboot.

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I noticed that when music is playing while on the lock screen, pressing the volume buttons doesn't light up the screen. I hope Apple continues to not have that "feature", like they did in the previous betas.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2