Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Default Siri not working in Beta 3

Hey guys

Don't seem to have Siri in beta 3. It activates you say a command but then the purple circle just spins for ages the command doesn't register and Siri then says sorry I'm not available at the moment please try later.

Anyone else got this???

Thanks

Dom

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,619 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

It just worked for me.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

i read some tweets last night that mentioned Siri being down at that time

i would check too but i do not use it and i'd like to keep it that way
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Any navigation I asked about, I would get the response, "something went wrong, please try again later."
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

as of now Siri is not working for me it worked last night
    iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPod Nano, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad mini, iPad Air, 2 Apple TV (1080P), iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Plus, 2 Airport Extreme, Airport Express
    iPhone Nanite

Not working for me either. At first she was but not any of the new features. But now her dial just keeps spinning. Ugh
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I use Siri all the time without issues
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Yup not working here either

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Intermediate

So my Siri is still not working it's been down for a couple of days now. Judging by this thread this seems to be a widespread beta 3 issue. My missis is on regular iOS 5 and her Siri works without issue... So frustrating. I use it all the time grrrr

I hope it's not like this all the way until beta 4

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,619 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

So 6 people having issues means it's widespread? I just used it right now with no issue. I also asked a co-worker using iOS 5 and it failed her once out of three tries. Clearly it's a Siri issue, not a beta 3 issue.
    iPhone Nanite

It certainly looks like an iOS 6 Beta 3 issue, but it doesn't affect all devices. Case in point, my iPhone has the same spinning circle with no results, and has been that way for days now. My iPad, which is also running beta 3, works just fine. So, whatever it is, it's a bit random. Hopefully Apple will fix it and turn around a quick beta 3.1 update.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,619 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Quote Originally Posted by jhrogersii View Post
    Hopefully Apple will fix it and turn around a quick beta 3.1 update.
    That's not going to happen. See you in beta 4.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    So 6 people having issues means it's widespread? I just used it right now with no issue. I also asked a co-worker using iOS 5 and it failed her once out of three tries. Clearly it's a Siri issue, not a beta 3 issue.
    I think 6 in the forums (so far) constitutes a fairly widespread issue. We often get people posting that certain apps don't work and crash on launch but then other commenters all say "well ours is fine" so generally that's isolated incident in my book.

I wonder of the issue is location based as in working in the states but not in the UK?

I'm tempted to try turning siri off and on again to see if that works but I'm worried Siri will lose all the data it's collected over then time I've used it. Its accuracy improved loads with time. I'm loathed to go back to square one again.

Perhaps best to wait for beta 4 what do you guys think? Has anyone tried the above? Did it work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

It certainly looks like an iOS 6 Beta 3 issue, but it doesn't affect all devices. Case in point, my iPhone has the same spinning circle with no results, and has been that way for days now. My iPad, which is also running beta 3, works just fine. So, whatever it is, it's a bit random. Hopefully Apple will fix it and turn around a quick beta 3.1 update.
    Apple doesn't do .1 beta updates. If your worried about quick updates, stay off the beta. In all reality, it's not meant for everyday use. It's a beta and expect bugs.
    BLiNK likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,629 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    Apple doesn't do .1 beta updates. If your worried about quick updates, stay off the beta. In all reality, it's not meant for everyday use. It's a beta and expect bugs.
    exactly. in fact i obviously am not a developer but i like to dabble.. i try out each new beta and then go back to the current firmware
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    exactly. in fact i obviously am not a developer but i like to dabble.. i try out each new beta and then go back to the current firmware
    I am still on beta 3 and won't be downgrading. Luckily, Siri has been working on 4S and new iPad without huccups.
    iMore Pro

iOS Version
    iOS 6.0

Still using Beta 3 no real deal stoppers for me on 3... would like to see a 4 before live, but who knows. Siri is fine for me, if not I would have to roll back to 5.1 as not a spare phone, but I understand 100% of the risks.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

got Siri working again all I had to do was reset and restore my backup all is fine now
    iMac, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iPod Nano, iPod Touch 5th gen, iPad mini, iPad Air, 2 Apple TV (1080P), iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 Plus, 2 Airport Extreme, Airport Express
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,619 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

Quote Originally Posted by DomFeeney View Post
    I think 6 in the forums (so far) constitutes a fairly widespread issue.
    No. Why? Because this site is small compared to the apple developer forums. There aren't many mentions of Siri having issues on the site. So no, it's not widespread based upon my observations on the dev sites.

Global Posts
    11,881 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Listened to Rush today... he's an Apple fanatic, running the betas on all his toys... one of his iPhones has had issues with Siri/dictation... caller told him to try turning off Siri in settings and rebooting the phone and turn Siri on again... failing that - resetting network settings... last resort: reinstall the beta iOS.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Aaron662c likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Wow. Feel free to jump on me for my poor memory on Apple not doing .1 betas. I've run the majority of them since iOS 4, but I forgot that detail. Feel better now?

Also, I realize that this isn't for everyday use, and accepted the risks when I installed it. I was just looking for other users experiencing the same thing, not judgement. Anyway, I have my reasons. I am a writer elsewhere, and always want to keep up with what's coming next. Legitimately, of course. iOS6 is such a minor update that I had very few issues with betas 1 or 2. Normally, I haven't put betas on my iPhone, but it ran so well on my iPad, that I decided to try it out to get a look at Maps. My iPad is a WiFi model, so no GPS there.

As for troubleshooting, I have turned Siri on and off a few times, and reset the network settings. The network reset got Personal Hotspot working again, which I was also having issues with in beta 3. I may try the restore before long, because I use Siri a lot in the car. I've just been putting it off because I am busy with work and it takes forever.

So, just because every user on the board doesn't have this issue doesn't mean there isn't a bug in the latest beta. If you search Google, there are other reports out there. Now, for the naysayers, there shouldn't be any widespread reports of anything in iOS 6, because if you are running the beta, you are technically under NDA. I've kept my posting here brief, and disclosed very little, just in the attempt to swap info with other beta users having the same problem.

Thanks a lot for the benefit of the doubt.

Global Posts
    11,881 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Topic diversion...

My iPad is a WiFi model, so no GPS there.
    That can be dealt with.

BadElf - a GPS receiver that plugs into the iPad 30 pin port - gives you a fully functional stand alone Personal Navigation Device.

Garmin GLO - a bluetooth GPS receiver that will work with iDevices and uses not only US-GPS satellites, it also uses Russian GLONASS.

Back to the topic....
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iPhone Nanite

Hmmm. Those actually sound like pretty handy devices. How much are they, though? I can upgrade to an LTE iPad for $130. Are either less than that? If not, then it isn't much of a value. Still good to know, though.
  24. Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  
    iPhone Intermediate

Hey everyone

And just like that it is working again?!

Weird. I'm guessing it must have been something server side. Weird that it manifested itself on some phones and not others.

Oh well. Glad it's fixed

iPhone Nanite

Ugh. Mine is still not working. Tried resetting and turning siri on and off. Nothing seems to work for me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast