Beta 2 feedback and bugs

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
just noticed beta 2 changed Siri's voice in spanish, the beta 1 was horrible and it sounded like she was whispering all the time, much better now.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Another interesting "bug" is if you're listening to music while you're using Turn-By-Turn .... the volume lowers like normal BUT it lowers way in advance of the navigation directions being announced. Also, sometimes it lowers ahead of the announcement of directions, raises, then lowers AND then announces directions.

Probably a slight bug.

I have this issue as well, it's annoying. Not a bug, but I really hope apple replaces the hours/minutes view with the supposed time of your arrival. Kind of irritating.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My 4S resprung last night while on the charger. It actually woke me up due to the phone vibrating. My phone has resprung on its own almost once everyday since installing beta 2.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue as well, it's annoying. Not a bug, but I really hope apple replaces the hours/minutes view with the supposed time of your arrival. Kind of irritating.

Pretty sure it does. When you're navigating and tap the screen it should show you total distance left, time left and ETA.

I'm using a One X atm...b2 is better but I restored from an ipsw (dev center) and it wouldn't fully restore. What happened was...when it finished restoring my data/settings, it would not advance past the "Set up as new/restore from backup screen". Really odd. I picked set up as new, and interestingly enough, the apps I re-sync to my iPhone 4s (ATT) are resynced with data. I'm just going to let it sit until b3 comes out.

iPad 3rd gen WiFi only seems really smooth right now. This is a beta...I guess at least this time I have another phone to use if a particular beta build is being difficult right now! I really cannot wait until iOS 6 is completed and the newest iPhone comes out. iOS6 is begging for a 4+ inch screen :)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Major bug .. In the phone app switch from contacts to recent to fast will cause spring board to crash and re spring .. Every time I can duplicate it on demand lol
To do it just switch back and forth back and forth and it will crash

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Major bug .. In the phone app switch from contacts to recent to fast will cause spring board to crash and re spring .. Every time I can duplicate it on demand lol

just tried this, several times, and no issue whatsoever

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks there's a website called PassSource where you can create some samples of Travel Tickets, Coupons and more and then add it to your Passcode App and test how it look and feel when it finally gets further fine tuning.
From Safari on your iPhone with iOS 6 visit PassSource.com and there's a list of examples types of passes, coupons, electronic certificates you can even customize name, colors then click "add" and it'll be available from within your Passbook App. Give it a try, works very fine.

Sometimes when you click on "create" it makes Safari to crash, just reopen site on Safari and try again.

I Hope it helps to have a closer look how Passbook works.

Weird. iOS seems to think LogMeIn should open PassBook's file type. I had to delete LogMeIn in order to add things to PB.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site

I can only get this if I go really fast, which makes me wonder why I am going so fast in the first place. So to me it's a non-issue since I don't switch quickly.

Reactions: Guacho

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I can only get this if I go really fast, which makes me wonder why I am going so fast in the first place. So to me it's a non-issue since I don't switch quickly.

Me too but just thought I would share .. Mine has also done it while attempting to make a call

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Ya, my iPad (new) becomes unresponsive. I can be using it, turn screen off, pick it up 1 minute latter and it won't respond. The only way I can get it back up (works every time) is to hold the power and home button down until the apple comes up on the screen. I release both immediately and then it takes the usual boot time.

No big deal, but thought I would bring it up I case someone was struggling with that.

Has anyone had trouble with air play screen sharing? Or AirPlay in general. Especially with GarageBand?

trankins24#IM

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
In the past week or so my network data stopped working. I have a AT&T iPhone 4s and the only time I can receive emails and twitter or Instagram updates is when I'm connected to WiFi.

Anyone else experience this problem?

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
In the past week or so my network data stopped working. I have a AT&T iPhone 4s and the only time I can receive emails and twitter or Instagram updates is when I'm connected to WiFi.

Anyone else experience this problem?

That seems like a serious issue. I haven't run into it yet. Have you tried restoring?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

I thought the same thing, I was able to reproduce the bug but I dont see it happening unless I let my 3 year old nephew play with it..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

no matter how fast i do it i cannot reproduce this. maybe you guys have the quickest hands around

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's an interesting bug. I'll try it on apple's wifi conntection (way more stable than the laggy as **** one at work) and my home wifi but...even though I know my g-mail account settings are correct, when I try to send or update my inbox...at least on my work wifi connection, it says "imap" or "smtp" cannot be reached be sure your account settings are correct.

Reactions: CrackedBarry

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Gmail app Banner Notifications Stopped working.....

My banner notifications on my IPad 2 with iOS 6 beta 2 stopped working about 4-5 days ago. I've removed it, added it back, taken it out of notification center, put it back, still not working. It's weird because it was working when I first got beta 2, then it stopped working. It still works fine on my iPhone 4, with ios 5.1.1. Anyone else have this issue, or a solution?