TTC (Toronto) Users! Be wary of iOS 6 upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Motoleo is really a good example of people who shouldn't be allowed to use beta software, all I've heard from this guy the last couple of days is whining...

I dont believe he is.. just commenting complaining about a beta software from the "outside."

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Motoleo is really a good example of people who shouldn't be allowed to use beta software, all I've heard from this guy the last couple of days is whining...

False. Wrong. Incorrect. Go away. I haven't touched the beta software. Ever.

Here's the thing though, it's called Apple MAPS. Clue's in the title. Map. A representation of land. Showing physical features, roads, cities, businesses, buses, trains, taxis, a collection of data.

Not turn by turn, leave that to Garmin. I don't know what app Apple is replacing with Maps in iOS 6, but it isn't Maps.

And the crazy thing is that this is supposed to be iOS6's main feature.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
False. Wrong. Incorrect. Go away. I haven't touched the beta software. Ever.

Here's the thing though, it's called Apple MAPS. Clue's in the title. Map. A representation of land. Showing physical features, roads, cities, businesses, buses, trains, taxis, a collection of data.

Not turn by turn, leave that to Garmin. I don't know what app Apple is replacing with Maps in iOS 6, but it isn't Maps.

And the crazy thing is that this is supposed to be iOS6's main feature.

A map is exactly what you said... a representation of land showing physical features, roads, cities, business (locations), bus (routes), train/rail lines - a collection of data.

A map is NOT turn-by-turn directions, but neither is it a bus schedule, a route time table or a bus route navigation tool. Same is true for train and light rail. Maps can show where those service routes are located (as in the case of showing where the physical train tracks run). But the time tables and navigation tools are services that an app developer may or may not add as an additional layer to the iPhone app.

Leaving one or more of the services out does not stop it from being a map or a map app.

ModeratorOMD

Banned
Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
What is the big thing about turn by turn though? It's kind of like spoon feeding. I mean you already had like a "Go here," then "Go here" but with turn by turn they're basically holding your hand.

Transit is more useful, because you have the lay of the land- you can do what you want when you want. To whatever fits your schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner